Cea Search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tony9zion

Cea Search

Postby tony9zion » 31 May 2005, 09:33

I just wanted to know where my last name Cea comes from. I'm not even sure if it has italian origins or not. My parents are from Bari, Italy. if anyone has any leads that would be greatly appreciated

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Cea Search

Postby suanj » 31 May 2005, 11:02

Cea is italian surname, most diffused in Bari area... exist Di Cea also in Puglia region, very rare...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

SonoPugliese

Postby SonoPugliese » 01 May 2009, 15:45

The surname "Cea" actually has very interesting origins. (It is my grandmother's maiden name and she is from Bari.)

In the research I have done it is actually a Spanish surname and first documented records of the lineage goes back to Toledo. Apparently men there was a family there by that name that were well-known knights for the Spanish Crown dating back to the 15th-century. I have yet to have to time to dig for where and when the Ceas started to migrate to Italy and why they settled mostly in Bari, but once I do, I will post.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 01 May 2009, 18:02

Most of the 14th century CEAs come from Valladolid, Vizcaya, and othe northern parts of Spain and thereafter spread thruout Europe the world to Mexico (1600's) and other parts of South America, Phillipines etc.

Spain ruled most of Italy from 1559 to 1713 so that is most likely the source of your Italian branch of Cea in Italy. =Peter=
~Peter~

LindseyAnn

Postby LindseyAnn » 12 Jun 2009, 06:03

My mother's maiden name is Cea and her family is also from Bari!

Are we perhaps cousins?

Where are you living currently?

SonoPugliese

Postby SonoPugliese » 12 Jun 2009, 14:02

Oh wow: we have the same first name, are both from Long Island, and the same family name on our Mom's sides (respectively)!!!! Maybe we are cousins!

I live in the City. Where are you on Long Island? I'm originally from the Plainview/Syosset area....

Lindsay

Return to “Italian Genealogy”