how do i post a document?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

how do i post a document?

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

how do i post a document on this site?i want to post a document to a recent posting but see no option on how to do it.i have photos in my pictures folder that i could send to my posting and add it on.but i need a step by step instruction as to how to do this.normally,as in a regular email,there would be an option to add an attachment.but i see none here.as i want to add the document to a post over a day old,can that still be done?or must the document be attached at the time of the creation of the post?can anyone help???
dmt1955
Master
Master

Re: how do i post a document?

Post by dmt1955 »

when you are writing/posting a message, below are the buttons "save draft" 'preview' and 'submit, there are two tabs. one is' options', the other is 'upload attachment'. if you click on the upload tab, you should see a dialog box with a button 'browse' to browse your computer to choose a file. then click on 'add the file'.

postimage.org is an excellent website to use. you upload an image from your computer and it will give you a link to that image that you include when you write/post on one of the forums. whoever reads your message will be able to click on the link and see your image/photo.

i hope this clarifies the process for you.
donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i had to hit"quote"first.then i went to the option to upload.but i couldn't do it.the documents are standard 8.5x11 size but a message said the file was too large.this is odd,since most documents are this size.i wanted to post 3 standard size 8.5x11 pages.anyone posting a document would probably post something this size.
dmt1955
Master
Master

Post by dmt1955 »

why are you using the 'quote' button? i do not know if that has anything to do with your inability to go further.

i recommend you use postimage.org. and NOT click on the 'quote' button

donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i'm trying to add 3 standard size 8.5x11 inch documents to my posting.this post was created yesterday,so the"save draft""preview"and"submit"options weren't there.the only way i could get those options back were to hit the"quote"button,which brought me back to those options.the bottom line is,regardless of how i got back to those options,i did.and the standard 8.5x11 inch documents couldn't be uploaded.these documents are in my"pictures"and i never have any problems sending them out as attachments to anyone.this is why being unable to upload them here makes no sense.regarding postimage.i'm not trying to link an image from another website.i'm trying to upload documents from my owm computer.i've been sent many links to websites in order to view images(www.antenati.san@beniculturali.it is a regular connection).but thats not what i'm trying to do.i simply want to upload a standard 8.5x11 inch document.i have the option to upload-but the site is claiming the standard 8.5x11 inches is too large.i don't think it matters how i got to that option.but i did,and it doesn't work
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

John email me the birth act I will post it for you do you want the extract posted too?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

The board has limits both to the size (in bytes) of an individual image and the total bytes of all images you may have ever uploaded. These limits are much lower than you might imagine. One way to upload new images when you have reached your limit is to go to the User Control Panel -> Manage Attachments and delete older ones.

Many of us choose to use the free http://postimage.org/ service instead. There is no account required, no sign-in, no email address, nothing. Just open the link in a new tab or browser window, click Browse to locate your image, click Family Safe, and then click Upload. Copy the "Thumbnail for forums (1)" link and paste it into your message. Repeat as required to add additional images.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)