re:registri di leva translation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

re:registri di leva translation

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 22 Jun 2014, 02:04

i have a military record that i would like translated.its very clear and easy to read,but i'm having a problem with the handwriting more than the language.i'd like to extract the information in the record,as it may be pertinent too my research for the subjects parents.i cant upload it here,but i can send it as an email attachment to somene who can help.the subject is salvatore landino(son of francesco and maria bonarrigo)and the year is 1892.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: re:registri di leva translation

Postby adelfio » 22 Jun 2014, 02:09

Email me I will post it for you

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 22 Jun 2014, 02:37

Leva of Salvatore Landino

CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE
leva 1.jpg

leva 2.jpg

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 22 Jun 2014, 02:58

Statura /Height 1.65 m
Capelli Hair Dark Brown
Forma Liscio ??
Occhi/ Eyes Brown
Colorito Skin Color Rosey
Dentatura/Teeth Healthy
Segni particolari /Particular features none

Im not sure about the military wording

Marty

Marty

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 22 Jun 2014, 03:03

i know.thats the tricky part.i pretty much figured out the description-but i'm totally lost with the rest.i believe it has something to do with his ability or qualifications for service.this is in june 1892.in january 1893 he arrived at ellis island.some connection there.i'm hoping there might be a bit of information in there that might help me locate his parents marriage-and maybe his fathers death.not likely,but i really don't have anything to go on.

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Re: re:registri di leva and atto di nascita translation

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 22 Jun 2014, 03:46

[quote="mezzogiorno62"]i have a military record that i would like translated.its very clear and easy to read,but i'm having a problem with the handwriting more than the language.i'd like to extract the information in the record,as it may be pertinent too my research for the subjects parents.i cant upload it here,but i can send it as an email attachment to somene who can help.the subject is salvatore landino(son of francesco and maria bonarrigo)and the year is 1892.the birth record is for the subject.salvatore landino.barcellona pg messina 1872.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 22 Jun 2014, 05:45

Index#321 birth record 1872 May 20th in Barcellona of Salvatore Landino son of Francesco Landino and Maria Bonarrigo
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
record-image (380).jpg

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 23 Jun 2014, 08:21

Francesco was at first assigned to the first category of conscripts (regular, no exceptions), but then moved to the second, as he was the natural son of a father who did not have any other son.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 23 Jun 2014, 08:46

In another thread http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... 14#p212631 member erudita74 describes the various reasons why a young male might be excused from military service.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 23 Jun 2014, 17:51

thanks to everyone.the reason i wanted to decipher this document was to see if it revealed any information or leads to salvatore's father francesco.francesco is a very elusive figure.his wife,maria bonarrigo,died in boston in 1902,1 week after arriving there with my paternal grandmother.according to maria bonarrigo's death record,her husband,francesco,survived her,meaning he was alive after 1902.but as he never accompanied her to america,and i can't find any death information for him in the usa(his son,salvatore,the subject of this military record,lived in new york,but francesco did not die there either).i would asume he died in sicily-most likely in palermo or messina provinces(he was born in palermo but met and married his wife,maria,in messina,living in barcellona pg for a period,although no death was recorded there either.just hoped there might be some reference to his whereabouts in this record-but as this was in 1892-probably a bit too early.i believe military registration began for men born about 1855,which is unfortunate,as francesco was born in 1851.if i could have gotten his military record i might have been able to find more information on him.as you'll notice,i also posted the birth record for salvatore.as i'm also trying to find a marriage record for his parents,francesco and maria bonarrigo(checked everywhere- in palermo and messina-but found nothing.they probably weren't married long before salvatore's birth in 1872,as francesco was only 20 at the time).i also have both original birth records for francesco landino(palermo 1851)and maria bonarrigo(gualtieri sicamino/soccorso 1847)but there are no notations on either record mentioning a place and date of marriage,or a death on francesco's birth record for when and where he died.this hard enough trying to find the marriage,which most likely occurred ca.1869-1872 somewhere around gualtieri/barcellona pg area.but trying to find a death record for francesco,who could have died anywhere in palermo or messina provinces and anytime after 1902(if he lived to be in his 80s or 90s he might have lived into the 1930s or 1940s).this is a real mystery!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”