Augusto Freddi / Augusto Freddi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jeremydosborn

Augusto Freddi / Augusto Freddi

Postby jeremydosborn » 25 Jun 2014, 07:53

Hi there,

Trying to find birth and or baptism record for Augusto Freddi who also goes by August Freddo. He is born march 13 1889 in Napoli and emigrated to NY 1892 with sisters Rosa and Anna and someone (older sister?) Named Fortunate Freddi or Freddo. Trying to find parents names and whether they emigrated to US as well.Any help deeply appreciated.

Jeremy

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Augusto Freddi / Augusto Freddi

Postby liviomoreno » 25 Jun 2014, 08:49

This is the manifest: http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0083

Augusto was travelling with his mother, Francesca Palma aged 47 and 3 sisters, Fortunata (17yo a dressmaker), Anna (8yo) and Rosa (6yo). They were from Sorrento, near Naples.

jeremydosborn

Postby jeremydosborn » 25 Jun 2014, 15:39

Interesting, and thanks for your response!

I had found the ship manifest, but since Francesca Palma's last name was different than that of her children I had assumed that they weren't traveling together, or that they weren't related. Is there some reason why August's Mother would have a different last name than him? Also, since he was three years old that would mean he was born when she was 40?

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 25 Jun 2014, 15:46

Palma is Francesca's maiden name. In Italy, women keep their maiden name after married. (This is to simplify the genealogy research...)

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 25 Jun 2014, 16:50

Ciao Livio buon lavoro
You can try for the Comune of Sorrento for Augusto Freddi birth record its a start. Try the email first

email:statocivile@comune.sorrento.na.it
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Sorrento
Piazza S. Antonino, 1
80067 - Sorrento (NA)
Italia
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Augusto Freddi

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Sorrento. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome :Augusto Freddi
Nome e cognome della madre:Francesca Palma
Luogo di nascita: Sorrento
Data di nascita: 1889
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jeremydosborn

Postby jeremydosborn » 25 Jun 2014, 17:12

Thank-you both very much. This is very helpful! I have emailed the Commune di Sorrento.

One final question. Do you know if there are indexes online for Sorrento? I can't seem to find anything for Sorrento on familysearch or ancestry.com

Best regards,

Jeremy

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 25 Jun 2014, 17:54

jeremydosborn wrote:Thank-you both very much. This is very helpful! I have emailed the Commune di Sorrento.

One final question. Do you know if there are indexes online for Sorrento? I can't seem to find anything for Sorrento on familysearch or ancestry.com

Best regards,

Jeremy

Only microfilm records from Family History Library that you have to rent and view at a Family History Library near your home
Registri dello stato civile di Sorrento (Napoli), 1901-1929

PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jeremydosborn

Postby jeremydosborn » 26 Jun 2014, 01:49

Thank-you so much!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”