Panetta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Panetta

Postby jfg120 » 02 Jun 2005, 10:06

I am looking for information around the suranme, Panetta. My grandmother Louise Panetta (maiden) always told me that her father Loretto Panetta was from a small town outside of naples. She could never remember which one. He had a sister Jenny and a half sister Mary. He had six children, my grandmother being one of them. I haven't been able to find out when he arrived but I know that my grandmother grew up in south philly.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jamie
jfg120

Re: Panetta

Postby wldspirit » 02 Jun 2005, 12:14

Have you located a ship manifest? Do you know Loretto's wifes' name? Were they married here, or in Italy? What about the children......were they born here or in Italy? Can you list all six of the children by name....perhaps they can be located on a census, which would narrow down a time frame of immigration. Do you know if he was naturalized? His papers may list the town of origin.........
wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 02 Jun 2005, 12:26

I located the following......

PANETTA LORETO 32 M W ITAL PA PHILADELPHIA 2-WD PHILADELPHIA 1920

wife is Mary, one child, Loreth?
immigrated abt. 1910, naturalized abt. 1918

please confirm if this is your ancestor.......
wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby jennypanetta » 30 Dec 2005, 09:03

I am also interested in learning more about Panetta history, but don't really know where to begin. My sister and I will be chatting with my grandmother tomorrow to pick her brain about what she remembers regarding names, dates, cities, etc.

My father (and his grandfather) are named Vito Panetta. His father (my grandfather) was Pasqual Panetta, and my grandmother is Fannie, or Filamina Panetta. Her maiden name was Buccino. I've poked around the ellis island website, and found two potential Vito Panetta's...

I would appreciate any tips, as my sister and I will be going to Italy soon, and we would like to visit some of the towns that our ancesters lived in. Has anyone done this? Would anyone like to share their experience?
jennypanetta

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy