Polito ,Ippolito, Ippoleto, nasca, Digioia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Polito ,Ippolito, Ippoleto, nasca, Digioia

Postby celticdrgn7 » 04 Jul 2014, 19:43

looking for my grandfather's father and sister's info. my grandfather was Luigi Ippolito. he had changed his name to Polito when he got here in 1904-1906 through Ellis Island. He had a brother by the name of Salvatore or Samuel Ippolito. he had kept the family name. There were two sisters Colegira, and Roselia, I know Louis was born 1882 in Valledolmo, Sicily and so was his brother in 1891. I do not know when the girls were born but it was also in Valledolmo.

My mother had gotten this information when my grandmother was still alive.

Louis' father was Anthony Ippoleto Married to a Calogeria, but I don't know where they are from. thus far I am thinking from Valledolmo, Sicily, also.Anthony died approx. 1920-1940Per my Dad's sister. I have my uncle Salvatore's information and his family and my Dad's family but not his father's or his grandfather. I am trying to find this and have not had much luck. I do not have access to ancestry any more either.

If I could get anyone's help in finding more documentation I would appreciate immensely. Thank you for listening and reading this
celticdrgn7

Re: Polito ,Ippolito, Ippoleto, nasca, Digioia

Postby adelfio » 04 Jul 2014, 20:45

Welcome to IG website
Do you have Luigi Ippolito birth act?
Where did your family settle in the USA?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby celticdrgn7 » 04 Jul 2014, 21:00

No I do not only his death cert and what my mother got from my grandmother. nothing on paper. the family settled in Dunkirk New York. as I have said I have my dad's info and all my dad's sister's info already.
celticdrgn7

Postby adelfio » 05 Jul 2014, 01:42

Didn't see a Luigi Ippolito birth record in Valledolmo in 1882
There is a tree on ancestry.com user name redfromsun has some your family information
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Samuel Ippolito
Name:Samuel Ippolito
County:Chautauqua
State:New York
Birthplace:Valledolmo Italy
Birth Date:15 Apr 1891
Race:Caucasian (White)
But saw a Salvatore Esposito birth record
INDEX#165
1891 April 15th in the town of Valledolmo birth of Salvatore Esposito son of Pantoleone Esposito age 38 farmer and Antonina Gioia
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246914101

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy