Another Road block

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Another Road block

Postby scraig32 » 09 Jul 2014, 20:09

Has anyone else had this trouble? I have been researching my family using the Italian document site and have found many many documents until recently. Can't understand why I can't find anymore documents- I am using the same logic I did to find the others. For example if I want to find Pasquale Casario or Maria Diletta Altieri's death extracts I would look at their daughter's (Emanuela Casario) marriage extract to see if they were alive then and then also at the daughter's death extract to see if they were alive then. This would then give me a range of years to search for their deaths. I would also look at where they were living during the times of these events to give me a town to search. Is this correct? I have been doing this all along with much success until now. I haven't been able to find like the last 8 ancestors. It's driving me crazy. Any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#24 Death of Emanuela Casario
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

#62 Marriage of Emanuela Casario and Gennaro Casiro Mignogna
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

So looking at these two documents, assuming they are correct, I narrowed down the death dates for the parents as follows. And then I searched the date range several times and keep coming up with nothing.

Pasquale Casario died between 1848-1869 Riccia
Maria Diletta Altieri died after 1869 Riccia

Am I missing something other then that they could have died in another town? Thanks so much! Suzanne
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Another Road block

Postby erudita74 » 09 Jul 2014, 20:25

Suzanne
Are there missing years in the records? Sometimes this is the reason why records can't be found.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby scraig32 » 09 Jul 2014, 20:32

No, all of the years are there. Normally I would just assume they moved and died in another town or I missed their names in my search and I would just skip them and go on to another couple but this is literally my 4th or 5th couple I can't find from Riccia. I just wanted to see if my logic had gone crazy after searching too much :D Maybe I need to take a break and pick it back up in a few weeks. But you get on a roll and want to continue.
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Italysearcher » 09 Jul 2014, 22:01

You are right on the cusp of a change in the way the towns kept records. ie 1870. If this couple died in hospital in a neighbouring town the death record might not have been transcribed in the town where they were born. Are you looking in Parte II of the records?
Your logic is correct but take into account where the children went. If their children married and moved to another town, the parent may have followed them and died there.
You also appear to be searching the index. Good choice, but indexes were created usually after the event and they could have been missed OR put in the wrong part of the index.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby carubia » 10 Jul 2014, 02:59

Looking for someone's (in this case Maria Diletta Altieri) death record when you don't have a terminus ad quem can be difficult. When was she born? In the late 19th c. Southern Italians' lifespans appear to have dramatically lengthened on average, so that by the 20th c. it was no longer that rare to find people living to 90.

As for why you can't find Pasquale Casario's death record, it could easily be that one of your other records is inaccurate. Or that his name was misspelled in the index or record itself, or you overlooked it (you're searching more than 20 years), or it was not indexed, or he died somewhere else, or there are records missing for part of a year but you haven't realized it. Are there other children of them for whom you can track down marriage or death certs?
carubia
Elite
Elite

Postby scraig32 » 10 Jul 2014, 20:18

Thank you both for your ideas and tips. I hadn't thought of many of them. I will take them all into account and see if I can create another strategy for myself. I am most appreciative for your time and thoughts on this. Suzanne
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy