Looking for film researchers at the SLC Mormon Center

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Looking for film researchers at the SLC Mormon Center

Postby rp76226 » 17 Jul 2014, 19:08

I am looking for someone locally in Salt Lake City to look up the Racalmuto film records there (Racalmuto is in Agrigento, Sicily) from 1821 through 1865. If they find any records with the last name Puma or Di Puma or Pagliarello Puma, I want them to make a readable copy and send them to me. My local FHC has such limited operating hours and I don't have the Italian language skills to go fast that renting a film does not give me enough time to finish reviewing it and there are lots of films to rent. Here's a list - it goes past 1865, but I only want 1821 -1865:

https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fh ... di++Raca++

Ron Puma

carubia
Master
Master

Re: Looking for film researchers at the SLC Mormon Center

Postby carubia » 18 Jul 2014, 01:15

Hi Ron,
You're the one with the "Puma Families of Racalmuto, Sicily" tree on Ancestry, right? I note that you have a lot of Pumas from Ribera, too, who are all in my tree. What is the connection between the family in Recalmuto and the one in Ribera? That Ribera branch begins with Leonardo Puma, who was married to Caterina Sparacino, but he was born in Ribera.

I have a few other small Puma branches in Ribera, but none of them originated in Recalmuto as far as I can tell. One person was even born in Siracusa. I also have more people in that Ribera branch than you do, including Leonardo's parents and some other children of Leonardo and Caterina. I can give you access to my tree, if you'd like.

rp76226
Master
Master

Re: Looking for film researchers at the SLC Mormon Center

Postby rp76226 » 18 Jul 2014, 02:24

I consider my Racalmuto Tree my independent 'research' tree. I put in every Puma I could find from Racalmuto civil records from on line records, and connected as many people as I could into many independent, separate branches of Puma families in the hopes that some day, that some of these unconnected branches may be connected by one person from one of those branches to my real family (who came from Racalmuto) and tree which is Puma Tree Most Current. That way a one person connection discovered in the future would lead to many connections. I think it's a good probability that many of these unconnected branches are really related to each other. We just need to find the missing pieces. I must admit that I am at a loss on how the Ribera branch got on the Racalmuto tree. I can't seem to find a Ribera person who links to Racalmuto.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”