Translation Help of Birth Record_LorenzoSoriero

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Translation Help of Birth Record_LorenzoSoriero

Postby KevinO » 22 Jul 2014, 04:20

Hello,

Can someone assist with translating the attached image of Lorenzo Soriero's birth record (#89)?

Thank you

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Translation Help of Birth Record_LorenzoSoriero

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 22 Jul 2014, 11:11

BIRTH RECORD NO 89 – LORENZO SORIERO

Date of record: 21 September 1894, Ruvo del Monte

Donato Soriero, age 25, farmer, living in this town reported that at 5 p.m. on 20 September at Via Olino (no number mentioned) that to his wife, Carmina Grieco, Farmer, was born a male baby who was presented and given the name Donato?

(There is obviously an error in this record. I think they may have written the father's first name instead of Lorenzo's?)

Angela

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 22 Jul 2014, 15:22

Hi Kevin
I already translated the basic infos abt the records that I found abt your ancestors..

http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/itali ... logy/31924
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Updated: Translation Help of Birth Record_LorenzoSoriero

Postby KevinO » 23 Jul 2014, 04:05

Thank you suanj and Angela for your help on this! Using your translated items and my very limited Italian translation skills, I have attempted to translate the document verbatim and am not sure to a couple of items which I have notated in parenthesis as unknown. Can you (or anyone) take another look and keep me straight on the verbiage? I really appreciate the time and effort!

On September 21, 1894 at (unknown time), in the house next to the municipal, I (unknown name and description) Officer of the Civil State of the City Ruvo del Monte and appeared 25 year old Donato Soriero, permanent resident in Ruvo del Monte, who informed me that at 5pm on September 20, in residence on Via Olino that his wife, Carmina Grieco, a farmer, gave birth to a male baby who was presented and given the name Lorenzo Soriero. Witnesses present at the time this information was given are (unknown name) Giovanno (unknown age).

On a side note the handwriting on the line starting with Carmina Grieco's name seems to say more than her name and that she is a farmer, but the writing is illegible to me??

I am open to suggestions if my translation is off--thanks again

Kevin

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Updated: Translation Help of Birth Record_LorenzoSoriero

Postby suanj » 23 Jul 2014, 06:14

KevinO wrote:Thank you suanj and Angela for your help on this! Using your translated items and my very limited Italian translation skills, I have attempted to translate the document verbatim and am not sure to a couple of items which I have notated in parenthesis as unknown. Can you (or anyone) take another look and keep me straight on the verbiage? I really appreciate the time and effort!

On September 21, 1894 at 8:30 AM in the Town Hall, I BLASUCCI Michele senior Town Councillor acting Mayor- for appointed absence-and Officer of the Civil State of the City Ruvo del Monte
it appeared Donato Soriero 25 year old, farmer, domiciled in Ruvo del Monte, who informed me that at 5pm on day 20 of current month, in residence on Via Olmo, civic number none from Carmina Grieco, his wife, farmer, living with husband, was born a male baby who was presented and given the name Donato (clerk error: the child is :Lorenzo Soriero).
Witnesses present at the time this information was given are PATRISSI Giovanni 60 old farmer and CRECCA Raffaele 50 old farmer, both resident in this Commune.

Read the present statement to all, it is undersigned just by me because the others are illitterates.

On a side note the handwriting on the line starting with Carmina Grieco's name seems to say more than her name and that she is a farmer, but the writing is illegible to me??

I am open to suggestions if my translation is off--thanks again

Kevin

suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Postby KevinO » 23 Jul 2014, 14:18

suanj--you are awesome--this is great, thank you so much!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”