Translation Help of Birth Record_MariaSoriero

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Translation Help of Birth Record_MariaSoriero

Post by KevinO »

Hello,

Can someone assist with translating the attached birth record of Maria Soriero (#75)?

Thank you

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Translation Help of Birth Record_MariaSoriero

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth No 75 – Maria Giovanna Soriero

Date of Record: 29 July 1896, 8.30 a.m. Ruvo del Monte

Maria Giovanna Priore, 79, midwife (Levatrice) living in Ruvo del Monte reported that at 4 a.m. on 29 July at Via Chiera (no number given), Carmina Grieco, farmer, wife of Donatantonio, farmer, gave birth to a female baby, who was given the name Maria Giovanna.

(It seems to say that the husband of (Carmina) Grieco was prevented/unable? to present the child? I'm not sure if it says why.)

BTW: These records that you've posted here tend to be going out of focus when magnified, which means they are not so easy to read. I've noticed that these records are on line at Family Search, so maybe if you just post the links to the images, when you have these, it will make it easier all round. Just a suggestion.

Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

as to why the husband didn't make the declaration-the record just reads "perche` impedito"-something prevented him from doing so, but it doesn't state what that something was-

Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:as to why the husband didn't make the declaration-the record just reads "perche` impedito"-something prevented him from doing so, but it doesn't state what that something was-

Erudita
Thank you Erudita. Yes, I did understand those two words but thought that there may have been more to it that I was unable to decipher/interpret.

Angela
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Update: Translation Help of Birth Record_MariaSoriero

Post by KevinO »

Thank you suanj, Angela and erudita74 for your help on this! Using your translated items and my very limited Italian translation skills, I have attempted to translate the document verbatim and am not sure to a couple of items which I have notated in parenthesis as unknown. Can you (or anyone) take another look and keep me straight on the verbiage? I really appreciate the time and effort!

On July 29, 1896 at 8:30am, in the Town Hall, I (unknown name and title) officer of the Civil State of the City Ruvo del Monte appeared 79 year old Maria Giovanna Priore, midwife, domiciled in Ruvo del Monte, who informed me that at 4am on the 29th of the current month in residence on Via Olmo, civic number none from Carmina Grieco, farmer and wife of Donatantonio and residing with him was born a female baby who was presented and given the name Maria Giovanna. Witnesses present at the time this information was given (unknown name--Musano Benniomicco??) 25 year old (unknown occupation) and Domenica Grieco (unknown age) (unknown occupation), both residents in the commune. (Next written part is unknown but indicates that Mrs. Grieco's husband was able to present the child).

Read the present statement to all, it is undersigned by (unknown names)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,54513501

Thanks again for your expertise!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Update: Translation Help of Birth Record_MariaSoriero

Post by suanj »

KevinO wrote:Thank you suanj, Angela and erudita74 for your help on this! Using your translated items and my very limited Italian translation skills, I have attempted to translate the document verbatim and am not sure to a couple of items which I have notated in parenthesis as unknown. Can you (or anyone) take another look and keep me straight on the verbiage? I really appreciate the time and effort!

On July 29, 1896 at 8:30am, in the Town Hall,
before me Raffaele Solimene Town Clerk delegate with Mayor's deed dated 16 May 1895, duly approved,

officer of the Civil State of the City Ruvo del Monte appeared 79 year old Maria Giovanna Priore, midwife, domiciled in Ruvo del Monte, who informed me that at 4am on the 29th of the current month in residence on Via Chiesa, civic number none, from Carmina Grieco, farmer and wife of Donatantonio Soriero, farmer, both domiciled in Ruvo,
it is born a child of female gender who she present me and that gives the names Maria Giovanna.
To this statement are present-acting as witnesses- Beniamino Musano
25 year old , civilian and Domenica Grieco 78 old farmer, both residents in this commune. The informant stated the aforesaid birth because she given assistance-of her aforesaid profession- in the childbirth and in place of Mrs. Grieco's husband was able to present the child.

Read the present statement to all, it is undersigned just by Musano witness because the others are illiterates
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,54513501

Thanks again for your expertise!
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KevinO »

Thank you so much suanj! This is great!