HELP Please--struggling w/ this translation of marriage doc

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

HELP Please--struggling w/ this translation of marriage doc

Postby KevinO » 24 Jul 2014, 05:16

Hello,

I am attempting to translate #7 of the marriage announcement verbatim (so that I can print an image of English and Italian next to each other).

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,54954501

suanj helped gather the basic information and below is what I have so far:

On August 31, 1893 at (unknown time), in Town Hall, before me, (unknown name) Office of the Civil State of the City Ruvo del Monte is 22 year old Donatantonio, farmer, resident of Ruvo del Monte, son of the late Lorenzo, farmer, and Maria Giovanna Suozzi, farmer and resident of Ruvo del Monte and 22 year old Carmina Grieco, farmer and resident of Ruvo del Monte daughter of Donato and of Rosaria Di Vincenza, farmer and resident of Ruvo del Monte (unknown name) am required to make the publication of the marriage that these newlyweds celebrate in this office now declare the husband, born in Ruvo del Monte and the wife born in Ruvo del Monte from one year to the present residence in Ruvo del Monte, neither adoptive father nor adoptive mother to preclude any impediment to their marriage or impediment established by law.

As you can see, after the listing of the bride and groom and their parents it gets real choppy--I used Google to translate and it does not make sense to me. It gets real choppy when I tried translating from Queste dichiarazioni sono state… so that is where I stopped.

If someone can lend their expertise and fill in the blanks I would appreciate it!

The other relevant marriage document is accessible from the link below and will be my next item I will look to have translated verbatim:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,53523002

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: HELP Please--struggling w/ this translation of marriage

Postby adelfio » 24 Jul 2014, 18:45

Its saying Donatantonio father Lorenzo was dead at the time of their marriage and his mother Maria Giovanna Suozzi gave consent

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Postby KevinO » 25 Jul 2014, 02:50

Thank you--are you able to decipher the witnesses listed?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 25 Jul 2014, 03:08

To the above and this act were presented as witnesses Giuseppe Di Nardis age 25 cabinetmaker Vitantonio Gallucci age 33 farmer both residing in said commune

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”