Pasquale & Fatica from Matrice, Campobasso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Alison2Earth

Pasquale & Fatica from Matrice, Campobasso

Postby Alison2Earth » 30 Jul 2014, 22:46

Hello,

This is my first time posting, and I already have a fair amount of info regarding my family that immigrated to Cleveland, Ohio from Matrice in Campobasso. I have hit a block though, and thought I would provide the information have currently and see what what happens.

My GGGF Antonio Pasquale, and my GGGM, Paolina Fatica, arrived in Cleveland in 1910. She gave birth to my GGF Vito Antonio Pasquale the same year.

Antonio Pasquale was born 1886, and was a farm laborer from Matrice. He died in 1969 in Cleveland. His parents were Vito Antonio Pasquale (1864-1951) and Incornata M Pasquale (1863-1939)

Vito Antonio Pasquale’s parents were Elese Cannavinna (Cannavina?) and Giovanni Pasquale (b. 1824) according to Vito’s death certificate.

Incornata M Pasquale’s parents were Vincezo (Maybe Vincenzo?) Pasquale and Caterina Colesta (Colleta?) according to her death certificate.

Paolina Fatica was born 1884 in Matrice. She died 1978 in Cleveland. Her parents were Luigi Fatica (b. 1864) and Carolina Di Puccio.

Luigi Fatica’s parents were Angelo Fatica (b. 1820) and Paolina Papariello according to an Aunt’s tree.

I have no info on Carolina Di Puccio’s birth, death, parents, or siblings.

My goal is to learn anything I can about my family. I am not asking for anything specific, because I am looking for anything I can find. I will be traveling to Italy for the first time this winter. We will be spending a little bit of time in Matrice. I am very thrilled, but unfortunately, I do not know if I will have enough time to do much research while I am there. Though, I am still considering making the time to do so if I feel confident with how to go about it. All the info I have so far has come from ancestry.com and familysearch.org. I am curious about what other online resources would be useful for me at this point in my search.

Any insight on my family would be more than appreciated! :)

Thank You,
Alison

PS I posted this a little bit ago, but I somehow managed to delete it. So, I'll try again.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Pasquale & Fatica from Matrice, Campobasso

Postby PeterTimber » 20 Aug 2014, 06:53

Try reading the book ITALIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS BY TRAFFORD R. COLE AND YOUR OFF TO THE RACES!
~Peter~

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Pasquale & Fatica from Matrice, Campobasso

Postby adelfio » 20 Aug 2014, 14:29

Heres your original post with the records
CLICK ON PROMPT
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... 33#p215333

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”