Total Dead End - Scanno and Sulmona help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
underwood021

Total Dead End - Scanno and Sulmona help

Postby underwood021 » 31 Jul 2014, 01:10

I've hit a dead end on my family at the arrival to the United States. My 2nd great grandfather was Pio Centofanti born on May 5, 1869. His wife was Adeline Tartaglini born March 31, 1884 from Sulmona, Italy. I don't know where/when they were married. I have been told it was arranged and in Italy. Anyway, this is where I am stuck. I have a decent amount of documents from them in the US. I can't find any record of them earlier than the arrival. I don't know where I could write or search to find this information. Does Sulmona and Scanno each have their own record collection?

Additional info:
I'm not sure, but I believe Pio had a brother named Carmine and a brother named Arcangelo.
Adeline had a sister named Emilia. Emilia's death record said her father was Andrew. I also believe she had a brother Tomaso.

Some of the online records on FamilySearch end in 1865, just 4 years before Pio's death. If I could just find the names of their parents, I think I could work from there, but I have failed to this point.

Any help is appreciated!

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Total Dead End - Scanno and Sulmona help

Postby Italysearcher » 31 Jul 2014, 19:02

You will need to write directly to the town for the birth records. From that you will have the parents names and ages.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

underwood021

Postby underwood021 » 31 Jul 2014, 19:19

I don't know Italian. If anyone know where to write, I would greatly appreciate it! If anyone knows where I can find a template letter, I would also appreciate that.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 01 Aug 2014, 16:16

Did some researching
West Virginia, Births Index, 1853-1969
Name:Achille Centofanti
Birth Date:22 Sep 1906
Birth Place:Grant District, Monongalia, West Virginia
Birth County:Monongalia
Father's Name:Pio Centofanti
Mother's name:Adaline Centofanti

POSSIBLE PARENTS OF PIO CENTOFANTI
Marriage of Achille Centofanti and Agata Zazziello
INDEX#15
1864 Aug 7th in the town of Scanno marriage of Achille Centofanti age 29 tailor born in Scanno son of Angelo Centofanti and Rosa Di Zillo married to Agata Zazziello age 26 landowner born in Scanno daughter of deceased Orazio Zazziello and Clelia Cipriano
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

In order to verify this info you will have to send for Pio Centofanti birth record it will list his parents send no money but a photo id (copy of drivers license or passport) return self address envelope no stamp included they will handle postage

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Scanno
Via Napoli 21
67038 Scanno AQ
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Pio Centofanti

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Scanno. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome: Pio Centofanti
Luogo di nascita: Scanno
Data di nascita: 1869
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

underwood021

Postby underwood021 » 01 Aug 2014, 22:47

Marty,

You are awesome for this. I can't thank you enough!

Pat

Return to “Italian Genealogy”