re:san filippo del mela civil records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

re:san filippo del mela civil records

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 03 Aug 2014, 23:43

regarding civil records in the comune of san filippo del mela in messina.i'm trying to find a birth record in the time period 1820-1825-but both the lds film collection and the antenati website records for this comune don't begin until 1834 according to the entry.i've written to the stato civile in san filippo del mela and i'm awaiting their response regarding this.most civil registers in sicily began in 1820 so its possible the years from 1820-1834 are missing or simply never recorded.and i've already contacted the closest parish in nearby santa lucia del mela,which has nothing.is there anyone out there familiar with the civil records of this comune?

PippoM
Master
Master

Re: re:san filippo del mela civil records

Postby PippoM » 04 Aug 2014, 13:43

I found San Filippo del Mela was part of the Commune of Santa Lucia del Mela until 1853.
So, I'd take a look at the acts from there
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Re: re:san filippo del mela civil records

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 04 Aug 2014, 14:36

i checked out santa lucia as well,as the subjects birth that i'm looking for in san filippo married in santa lucia.no birth there in that time period(1820-1825).according to the 1845 marriage,the subject was born in san filippo del mela. as i've found no birth records in san filippo before 1834,i'm at a dead end

Return to “Italian Genealogy”