Information on Valicenti Family Members

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lorraine Richardson

Information on Valicenti Family Members

Post by Lorraine Richardson »

Found this site by accident when I was looking for information on The Genealogy on the Valicenti Family.
I am a Valicenti from Mckees Rocks.
My Father was Nick Valicenti he lived in Norwood with his brothers, Joe, Tony, John, Lou, Sam and sister Ann, who married Ed Riccardulli.
I was reading a post from a JenFayad and decided to respond with information I have on my Grandparents: Vencenzo Valicenti and Antonia Castilucci.
My grandfather was from Southern Italy, a citi in Rotondella, provence of Matera in the reagion of Basilicata.
His first wife was Maria Felicia DiVencenzo....so my Dad had a half brother who was my Uncle Joe....I think or I was to understand that my grandfather's second wife (Antonia Castilucci) was a cousin of his first wife.
My grandmother and grandfather were not married when they came to the US.....I have family pictures of them when they did get married long after my Uncle Tony, John, Sam, Lou my Dad and Aunt Ann were born.
I am related to a John Davenjay, his wife name is Lyna.
My Uncle Tony's one daughter has looked into our Family Tree, I will have to pick her brain to get more information but I thought I would share some information I have.

*** Forbidden. Please enable JavaScript. Request number fa55aa5554c7bc8ec075af3f4e16ceb3. Antispam service cleantalk.org. ***
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Information on Valicenti Family Members

Post by Italysearcher »

Include some years of birth and year of US entry and the team here can surely help you out.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Vincenzo (James) and Antonio had another son Domenic who died of pneumonia in 1916.

http://interactive.ancestry.com/5164/41 ... turnRecord

And another son named Nick who died at 4 days old in 1913.

http://interactive.ancestry.com/5164/41 ... turnRecord

Both are buried in Saint Mary's cemetery.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
mrvalicente

Post by mrvalicente »

Hi Lorraine, I'm a Valicenti's descendant too and since I've the opportunity to visit Cersosimo and meet that lovely people , I'm creating a page in FaceBook "L'America non dimentica " so we can be in touch and exchange stories. Also I've been researching about people to come to America from that little town (USA and Argentina), I hope to create a community to remember our great grandparents. I'm in Argentina but I'm able to understand English and italian so I'm able to help with your researchs.
mrvalicente

Post by mrvalicente »

you can e-mail me to mrvalicente@gmail.com I'll be happy to be in touch with you.