Help Please - Birth Record Translation Vincenzo Grieco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Help Please - Birth Record Translation Vincenzo Grieco

Post by KevinO »

Hello,

Can someone please translate the 1874 (#13) birth record accessible from the link below:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,54182001

I believe the child's name is Vincenzo and with the parents being Donato Grieco and Rosaria Di Vincenza. I believe this is the brother of Carmina Grieco who is my great great grandmother.

Thanks in advance!

Best Kevin
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help Please - Birth Record Translation Vincenzo Grieco

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#13
1874 Feb 1st in the town of Ruvo del Monte birth of Vincenzo Grieco son of Donato Grieco (son of deceased Vincenzo) and Rosaria Di Vincenza (daughter of Antonio). Looks like a brother

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Kenvin :-)

Dated 2 February 1874 at town office
Appeared Donato Grieco, son of deceased Vincenzo, age 32, peasant farmer residing in this town, to present a male child who he declared was born on the 1st of this month of February at 6 PM to his wife, Rosaria di Vincenza, daughter of Antonio, [wife] residing with him in this town at strada above the piazza, and this child was given the name of VINCENZO
Witnesses to the record Vincenzo di Vincenza, of deceased Domenico, 57; and Giuseppe Grieco of deceased Donato, age 50; both peasant farmers residing in this town.

T.
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KevinO »

Thank you both for the quick and thorough reply! This is great!