Digiandomenico (Guilio, Francesco) [Wheeling, Wv - Italy]

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Digiandomenico (Guilio, Francesco) [Wheeling, Wv - Italy]

Postby oncemore » 13 Aug 2014, 17:55

Hello:

I've reached a blocker. And have tapped out the resources of the living family I am in contact with.

I know conclusively that my paternal great great grandfather is Guilio Digiandomenico. I have the documentation attached to my family tree at ancestry.

It is his parents that I am stuck with.
An auto-generated record at ancestry for guilio's death lists parents as Theressa Piocente and Francesco Digiandomenico. But they are a dead-end in terms of search. So thinking maybe the names are misspelled or inaccurate?f

Attaching a screenshot of the small bit of info that I have (pedigree view to fit it).
I have more info - if any of these names sounds familiar or you're an expert willing to help, let me know your email for ancestry and I can share the tree with you.

Hoping for that long-shot chance that someone here has been down this road before.

Thanks!

tree.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Digiandomenico (Guilio, Francesco) [Wheeling, Wv - Italy

Postby oncemore » 13 Aug 2014, 17:59

Forgot to mention - Guilio's parents are listed as being born in Italy. I think that's one of the reasons the trail has gone cold for me!

I have Guilio immigrating here in 1911-1912. He was born in 1888 and died in 1932.

For Francesco and Theressa - ignore the birthdays of 1868. I was just trying different dates pre 1888 out to see if search would dig anything up.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 13 Aug 2014, 18:58

Welcome to IG website heres the shipmanifest
Line #15 with his wife Vittoria Massini and son Orlando
Guilio DiGiandomenico
Arrival Date:29 Mar 1912
Birth Date:abt 1888
Birth Location:Italy
Birth town Cori is a town and comune in the province of Latina, in the Lazio region of central Italy.

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR PG#1
NYT715_1829-0185.jpg

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR PG #2
NYT715_1829-0186.jpg

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 13 Aug 2014, 19:13

There are no records of Cori online at the present time but there are Registri dello stato civile di Cori (Latina), 1871-1910 microfilmed records at your local Family History Library near you to rent copy and view Civil registration of births, marriages, deaths from Cori, Latina, Italy. Text in Italian
FAMILY HISTORY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

ORDERING FILMS FROM FHL
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center

ABOUT ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records

FILMS FROM FHL OF CORI
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Postby oncemore » 13 Aug 2014, 20:20

Yes thank you! I have that attached to my tree.

Your information that Cori isn't online - is helpful though. That most probably explains why i've been at a loss online.

I've found the Cori reference strange, however. My grandfather always told me his family was from Genoa.

I'm supposing that perhaps Cori was where 1 branch ended up before heading over to America.

oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Postby oncemore » 23 Sep 2014, 22:33

Can anyone interpret the birth-town from the previously attached passenger list? Pg 2, line 15.
Definitely longer than 'cori' (which, is used for the son orlando a few lines down and is intelligible.)

oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Postby oncemore » 23 Sep 2014, 22:38

I'm getting ready to order the microfilms from LDS - but wanted to make sure I got the right set. Guilio departed from Cori - but i don't think that he was born there. His death certificate and obituary both list that he was born in Rome. And line 15 on pg2 of the passenger manifest definitely lists something other than Cori or Rome.. Does appear to start with a C though. I wish they typed those things haha.

Any help on determining the town I posted in my previous post's attachment would be great. Don't want to pay the $$ and wait for microfims to ship, only to realize it wasn't even the right set!

oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Postby oncemore » 24 Sep 2014, 20:48

Ok. So TerraLavoro (in another thread) helped identify that the birth town is indeed listed as Cori - was mixing up the passenger entry with the one above it.

So I've requested the microfilms from FHL for cori in 1880s. Hoping to find some answers in the birth records there.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”