Bruschetti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Babssneew59

Bruschetti

Postby Babssneew59 » 21 Aug 2014, 19:02

This is my first foray into my Italian links.

My maternal Great Uncle - William Alfred Turville (1896-1954) married Irene Bruschetti.

I don't yet have the date of their marriage.

They travelled from Algiers to London arriving 11th April 1930 on the P&O S.N.O.Co ship "Ranpura". Her country of citizenship was given as Aleria but British by marriage. We believe Irene was born in 1902 in Italy. She died on the 8th Jan 1962 and age at death is recorded in the index as 60 years.

We know that the marriage took place abroad but don't know where or when.

Irene was living with her mother Gabrielle (widow of Giacomo Bruschetti - Railway Engineer) and sister Nusa and they were destitute. Uncle Billy married Irene as it was the only way he could help her and her family. Gabrielle later came to England to live with them and died in 1942. I don't know what happened to Nusa. We believe the family to have originated in Italy but I have no experience in researching Italian ancestry and would welcome any help at this point. The only documents I have are ships manifests with Irene travelling as Uncle billy's wife and Gabrielle's death certificate.

Thank you for any help or suggestions

Babs S

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Bruschetti

Postby adelfio » 21 Aug 2014, 22:00

Welcome to IG website
Did Gabrielle use her maiden name when she came to England and what year was that?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”