Lucchese

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Luanne

Lucchese

Post by Luanne »

I am looking for info on this family. I know that I still have relatives in Italy and Sicily. I am not sure of the exact locations. Please contact me if anyone is doing the same research. Thanks.

Luanne
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Lucchese

Post by brujaojos »

Luanne wrote:I am looking for info on this family. I know that I still have relatives in Italy and Sicily. I am not sure of the exact locations. Please contact me if anyone is doing the same research. Thanks.

Luanne
Hi Luanne,

Can you please give us some more information on your ancestors? Names, year of birth, where they settled in the USA, spouse's name, and children if known.

All this will help us help you locate Census Records and Ellis Island Records.

We are here to help.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I really don't have too much info. What I do know is my grandparents are Salvatore Lucchese and Carmella Farrugio. Salvatore was born in New York, his brothers and sisters are as follows: Lena born about 1910, Josephine born about 1913, Salvatore born October, 1914, Santo born 1916, Frances born 1918, Anna born 1920 and Concetta born 1924. My ggrandparents were Joseph Lucchese, born in Italy about 1880 and Josephine was born in Italy about 1884. They were married about 1905 in Italy?. Joseph came here in 1907 and Josephine in 1909, I believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Luanne
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Luanne wrote:I really don't have too much info. What I do know is my grandparents are Salvatore Lucchese and Carmella Farrugio. Salvatore was born in New York, his brothers and sisters are as follows: Lena born about 1910, Josephine born about 1913, Salvatore born October, 1914, Santo born 1916, Frances born 1918, Anna born 1920 and Concetta born 1924. My ggrandparents were Joseph Lucchese, born in Italy about 1880 and Josephine was born in Italy about 1884. They were married about 1905 in Italy?. Joseph came here in 1907 and Josephine in 1909, I believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Luanne
Hi Luanne,

I know with the help of my friends that have ancestry.com, they will post the following census records for you. :) (thank you guys!)

Here is the 1930 information
Name: Anna Lucchese
Estimated birth year: abt 1920
Relation to head-of-house: Daughter
Father's Name: Joseph Lucchese
Mother's Name: Josephine Lucchese
Home in 1930: Brooklyn, Kings, New York
Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Brooklyn, Kings, New York; Roll: 1540; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 473; Image: 191.0.

By any chance do you have the Death Certificate of Joseph or Josephine? Their Death Certificate could give you the names of their parents as well as Josephine's maiden name.

By any chance do you have the Marriage Application of Salvatore and Carmella? It could list Josephine's maiden name so that you can try to find when she came into the USA.

Do you have anyone's Baptismal Certificate? There could be a notation on there stating where Joseph and Josephine is from.

I hope this is of some help to you.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Thanks for your help. I will talk to my aunt and uncle which are the children of Salvatore and Carmella to see if they still have any of the papers or if they are with someone else.

Thanks again.
Luanne
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Luanne wrote:Thanks for your help. I will talk to my aunt and uncle which are the children of Salvatore and Carmella to see if they still have any of the papers or if they are with someone else.

Thanks again.
Luanne
Also, ask your Aunt and Uncle if they remember anything on their grandparents as well as any great-Aunts and great-Uncles. You might be able to find another lead on a brother of Joseph and/or a brother of Josephine.

An example: I saw a manifest for a Giuseppe coming into the USA around 1906 going to go see his brother Salvatore. It could be clues since your Joseph (Giuseppe) named one of his sons Salvatore.

Also, find out if Joseph and Josephine did the naming pattern, meaning did they name their first born son if the ther paternal grandfather, and the second son after the maternal grandfather, etc.

Let us know what you find.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Here is the 1930 census:

http://img79.echo.cx/img79/3623/1930lucc2zu.jpg

Debbie
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

VaDeb wrote:Here is the 1930 census:

http://img79.echo.cx/img79/3623/1930lucc2zu.jpg

Debbie
Thanks Debbie for posting the 1930 census for me. I appreciate it.

I'm still trying to find the family in the 1920 and 1910 census.

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Here is a New York database that may be of interest to you....surname Lucchese shows up in a number of records.
In a casual glance at the 1910/1920 census I noticed among the various
Lucchese families a number of repetitive names for their children.....which makes me wonder if these various families did not have a common ancestor.......
wldspirit

http://www.italiangen.org/default.htm