research experts in avellino and messina provinces

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

research experts in avellino and messina provinces

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 16 Sep 2014, 23:13

been at this for nearly 20 years.been there and done that.lds microfilms.correspondence in italian,etc.an old pro.6 records i would like to access but no luck with any of my strategies and approaches.first off,in the province of avellino,i'm trying to find the death record for rosa martino(wife of giovanni ricca born ca.1785in lapio)who died in or near luogosano,ca.1849-1884.civil records for luogosano,where she most likely died,ca.1862-1865,are missing for those years.and the local parish has no further information.the other 5 records are all in messina.marriage record for francesco landino and maria bonarrigo,married ca.1867-1872.they resided in barcellona pg,and 2 of their children were born there.but their marriage didn't occur there,nor in any of the surrounding comuni i checked(gualtieri sicamino,santa lucia delmela,castroreale,etc).death record for francesco landino(b.1851 in palermo d.after 1902?)which could be in either messina province or possibly palermo,where he was born.his wife,maria bonarrigo(b.1847 in gualtieri sicamino)died in boston in 1902,and according to her death record,he survived her.as he apparently never left italy,i would assume he died in one of the 2 provinces i mentioned.looking for the birth record of mattia puleio,mother of maria.born in san filippo delmela ca.1820-1825,but there don't appear to be any civil records available for this comune before 1834(checked both lds and http://www.antenati,san@beniculturali.it),and no response from that parish.lastly,the death records for mattia puleio and her husband domenico bonarrigo,parents of maria.probably died in gualtieri sicamino,where maria was born-but could have died anytime from 1847,when maria was born,up to the early 1900s.as i said,i've been researching these records forever with no results to show for it,other than lots of postage and lending fees for lds films.any help or insight from a mega experienced researcher would be most appreciated!

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: research experts in avellino and messina provinces

Postby adelfio » 17 Sep 2014, 01:20

John only suggestion I could make is try the archivio di stato di Avellino and Messina
STATO CIVILE OF AVELLINO retains second copies of the registers of birth, marriage, death, the years 1809-1899 by the municipalities of the province of Avellino same for province Messina (1820-1865). These are the records of birth, marriage, death
ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI AVELLINO
E-mail: as-av@beniculturali.it
ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI MESSINA
E-mail: as-me@beniculturali.it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Re: research experts in avellino and messina provinces

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 17 Sep 2014, 01:36

thanks marty.already did both.researched everything.thats why i posted this last one.this is what its down to.putting it all out there for one last try

Return to “Italian Genealogy”