Violet Victoria Bonivine

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jennybw

Violet Victoria Bonivine

Post by jennybw »

I am looking for further information about the family of Violet Victoria Bonivine who in different sources was described as being born in Venice, Italy, or Galicia, Italy in 1860. She was a dressmaker. My first knowledge of Violet comes from the 1881 Census where she is living with the Mosely family at 4 Victoria Tce, Newport Pagnell, Bucks, England. By 1891 she is in Northamptonshire, married to William Richard Wilmin. Have found no trace of the marriage yet. She died in 1905 and is buried in the Newport Pagnell Cemetery in Buckinghamshire. I am keen to trace her birth and family of birth. The name Faulkner has also been associated with her.
Jenny Barris Wheeler
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Violet Victoria Bonivine

Post by Anizio »

I am not familiar with there ever having been a place in Italy called Galicia. Do you have a copy or link to that source?

I don't think 1860 Venice records are online. If there are civil records for that year, you will have to request them from the Comune - in Italian, which also means using her real name which would be something like Viola Vittoria. Although I suspect Bonavine was not her actual last name as I can't find record of that name in any Italian sources, I'd leave that as it is in a request.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Going by the numbers the surname could be BONAVITA (302 comuni in Italy having this spelling of this surname while there are 5 listed in the Venice telephone directory...www.paginebianche.it -surname on left and VE on the right and click trova)

The Vital Statistics office for the city of Venice has an e-mail address for their records division at archivio.statocivilevenezia@comune.venezia.it which you can send a form generated letter in Italian by going to www.circolocalabrese.org and click genealogy for form letter. Send return envelope with your address. Request a long form birth record (Estratto di Nascita) which has more information. The service is normally free of charge.
Experience in the USA reflects that Italian names for persons and places morph very easily among people who are not familiar with Italian language so while the information I provided may be correct the name may not be correct. So Please make every effort to find the correct spelling of her maiden name from the cemetery people at Buckinghamshire. Peter
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Other possibility Boniver,Bonvicini,Bonavia,Bonomini

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I believe right BONIVENTO spell.. in Venezia... or BONVINO spell....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I found this record of Birth .. :
Births Sep 1882
Bonivine Alice Maud W Newport P. 3a 660
it could be possible that Violet Victoria had a brother in Newport Pagnell, and this Alice Maud was a niece of Violet Victoria?
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jennybw

Post by jennybw »

Thanks all for helpful replies. Suanj, Alice Maud W BONIVINE is her daughter, my husband's grandmother. Galicia came from a census listing from Newport Pagnell.
Will persist.....
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ok, in this census Violet seeming born abt in 1856:

Violet Wilmin

England and Wales Census, 1891

Name Violet Wilmin
Event Type Census
Event Date 1891
County Northamptonshire
Parish Dallington
Ecclesiastical Parish ST PETER
Registration District Northampton
Residence Note Tanner Street
Gender Female
Age 35
Marital Status Married
Relationship to Head of Household Wife
Birth Year (Estimated) 1856
Birthplace Haly Venice British Subject (Italy Venice)
Page Number 18
Registration Number RG12
Piece/Folio 1202/ 150

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH