Sgroi Egidia, Please Define

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Costanzo87
Rookie
Rookie

Sgroi Egidia, Please Define

Postby Costanzo87 » 02 Nov 2014, 17:19

This my Wife`s Grandmother`s birth document that we get from the priest in Linguaglossa. We do not know who the people are that are listed. ( Could they be God parents? ) They are listed as fu Gregorio e fu Ardizzone Santa. They are not the people she listed as perents when she was married. In her Marrage certificate she listed Vito Del Popolo and Domenica Raiti. (Jan.16 1896)

Egidia.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Re: Sgroi Egidia, Please Define

Postby Marcello_DAleo » 02 Nov 2014, 17:33

First of all, it is a civil certificate, not ecclesiastical. It states that Egilia Sgroi, daughter of Gregorio and Santa Ardizzone, was born in Lingluaglossa on 11 Aug 1877.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Postby Anizio » 02 Nov 2014, 17:42

That is an estratto di nascita from the town. Anyone can request one. (this is why I always suggest doing things yourself rather than asking for help or hiring people)

In the future I suggest asking towns for una copia integrale dell'atto di nascita. It will be a photocopy of the actual birth document.

Gregorio Sgroi and Santa Ardizzone are her parents.

I suggest you post the marriage document.

It would make zero sense for Egidia Sgroi's father to be named Vito Del Popolo - that would mean her and her father have different names.

If that is in fact the case, one explanation would be that Egidia's parents died and she was adopted by Vito Del Popolo and Domenica Raiti. Which would explain why this birth extract says fu instead of di - but without seeing the actual documents this is just speculation.

I would need to see the copia integrale of both documents to be sure. BUT her birth parents were definitly Gregorio Sgroi and Santa, not Vito del Popolo and Domenica
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 02 Nov 2014, 19:35

If Egidia Del Popolo married Giuseppe Raineri her parents are Vito Del Popolo and Domenica Raiti that's the wrong birth extract
Related thread on this topic
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... 25#p220025

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 02 Nov 2014, 19:49

1895 Nov 20th in the town of Linguaglossa marriage publication of Giuseppe Raineri son of Nicolo Raineri and Maria La Spina to marry Egidia Del Popolo daughter of Vito Del Popolo and Domenica Raiti
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348992001

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”