Messina Family name in Acerra

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gmessina

Messina Family name in Acerra

Postby gmessina » 06 Nov 2014, 18:04

Hello
I'm looking for information about Messina Family in Acerra Italy. I once heard that there are several families by that Sir name in Acerra but that all the families go by a nickname - I believe there were 5 different Messina families I was told. I have no idea what my Messina Family nickname would have been. I have traced my Great grandfather "Gennaro Messina" B:1880-d:1940) to Acerra, he was married in Acerra to my Great grandmother "Pasqulina Zito" B:1887-d:1919) they married in Acerra in 1904 and immigrated to America (Chicago Il area in 1910). I'm trying to locate possible family members still living in Italy that might have information about the family to help me trace back further. Does anyone know or heard of families using nicknames instead of family names?

Thanks
Gennaro Messina

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Messina Family name in Acerra

Postby PeterTimber » 08 Nov 2014, 18:55

~Peter~

gmessina

Postby gmessina » 11 Nov 2014, 00:25

Peter, thanks for the link. It doesn't really provide much information. I was wondering if anyone knew the different Messina families that are in Acerra.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Nov 2014, 16:14

I was responding for your request about nicknames/surnames. I am not knowledgeable about privacy laws as it relates to listings of residents surnamed Messina in Acerra's Ufficio Anagrafe (census office) records and whether that information has been or can be released. Of course, the census people would seek out legal surnames and not collect nicknames which you would have to contact thru other means. Peter
~Peter~

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 11 Nov 2014, 17:25

I have seen nicknames after the first names ..........
Have you tried contacting Messina's in Acccera to ask them about the different branch lines of your family Messina

Italian phone book
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... a+%28NA%29

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”