Surname Search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Surname Search

Postby thebowersbunch02 » 30 Jun 2005, 01:45

I'm interested in finding out more information for the surname Carafelli. If you have any information please email me at thebowersbunch02@sbcglobal.net

thanks!
thebowersbunch02

Re: Surname Search

Postby VaDeb » 30 Jun 2005, 06:28

Do you want any information on the surname Carafelli or information that relates to your family. If you are looking for informaiton on your family you need to post more details and some specific research goals for anyone to be able to help you.

Example:
Have you found your family on the US census?
Have you found passenger records for their arrival to the US?

We need names, ages, chldren and places they lived to be able to help you.

If you put your surname into this link below you will get 14 Carafelli's. Perhaps one will be of interest to you.

http://ssdi.rootsweb.com

Let us know what direction you would like to go in.

Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby thebowersbunch02 » 01 Jul 2005, 07:04

VaDeb wrote:Do you want any information on the surname Carafelli or information that relates to your family. If you are looking for informaiton on your family you need to post more details and some specific research goals for anyone to be able to help you.

Example:
Have you found your family on the US census?
Have you found passenger records for their arrival to the US?

We need names, ages, chldren and places they lived to be able to help you.

If you put your surname into this link below you will get 14 Carafelli's. Perhaps one will be of interest to you.

http://ssdi.rootsweb.com

Let us know what direction you would like to go in.

Debbie

I am interested in the both the meaning and roots of the name and family "Carafelli". I do already have an extensive family tree, but no town of origin for my family.

Thanks,
Hollie
thebowersbunch02

Postby vineviz » 01 Jul 2005, 09:29

thebowersbunch02 wrote:I am interested in the both the meaning and roots of the name and family "Carafelli". I do already have an extensive family tree, but no town of origin for my family.

Most of the Carafelli emigrants came from Campoli Appennino, a commune in Frosinone, Lazio. Most Carafelli families today live nearby in Rome.

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/060/016/

You could probably get more specific help if you posted a bit (names, dates, etc) about the original ancestors in your tree.

As for meaning, I don't find "Carafelli" in any of my references but I'd bet on a diminutive of ""Caraffa", or bottle (i.e. "little bottle").
vineviz
Rookie
Rookie

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy