Searching for Records on Cosimo Iacobucci & Agata Di Iorio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
NicPod07

Searching for Records on Cosimo Iacobucci & Agata Di Iorio

Postby NicPod07 » 09 Nov 2014, 12:10

Hi, after having such great help looking for records on one side of my family (paternal) I am now looking for records: birth, death, and/or marriage, relating to my maternal great great grandfather Cosimo Iacobucci.

Cosimo was married to Agata Di Iorio. They had 3 children: Giovanni (born 1878 died 1949 - my great grandfather), Carmine (no dates available) and Batista Iacobucci (no dates available). We think they were from Spinete Campobasso

Also, on my grandmother's mother's side. I am looking for Pasquale Albanese and his wife Filomena Albanese (not sure of maiden name). They had 8 children: Giuseppe, Pietrangelo, Leonardo, Giovanna (born 1885 died 1937- my great grandmother who married Giovanni Iacobucci-above), Felice, Maria, Donata Antonia, and Michele. We also think these folk came from Spinete.

Any with birth, death and marriage records on any of these folk would be welcomed.

Can anyone help? Regards Nicole

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Searching for Records on Cosimo Iacobucci & Agata Di Ior

Postby erudita74 » 09 Nov 2014, 13:49

Record #65

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Dated Oct 8, 1883 at 10:40 a.m.
Appearing was Pasquale Albanese, the son of Pietro Albanese, age 25, a property owner. He reported that on the 8th at 7:20 a.m., in the house at #19 Largo S. Rocco, his legitimate wife, Filomena Albanese (her maiden name), daughter of Francesco Albanese, age 27, a housewife living with him gave birth to their daughter Giovanna Donata Antonia Albanese. Giovanna married Giovanni Iacobucci on Oct 6, 1904

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 9.jpg.html

Dated Oct 6, 1904 at 9:45 a.m.
Marriage of Giovanni Iacobucci, age 25, peasant, born and resident in Spinete, son of Cosmo Iacobucci (resident in America) and Agata di Iorio, resident in Spinete
Bride: Giovanna Donata Antonia Albanese, age 20, peasant, daughter of Pasquale Albanese and Filomena Albanese, both residents in Spinete

Erudita

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 09 Nov 2014, 14:11

Here's a birth record for a Giovanna Iacabucci, dated Nov 19, 1876 record # 76

Dated Nov 19, 1876 at 9:40a.m.
Appearing was Cosmo Iacobucci, the son of Giovanni Iacobucci, age 32, a peasant. He reported that at 2:30 a.,m. on the 19th, in the house at #1 Largo Miviato (sp?), a daughter being named Giovanna was born to Agata di Iorio, age 28, a peasant, his wife living with him. Agata was the daughter of deceased Ferdinando di Iorio

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... x=0Erudita

marriage of Cosmo and Agata Dated Jan 16, 1868, record #2
Cosmo Iacobucci was age 22, peasant, son of Giovanni Iacobucci and Lucia Damiano
Agata di Iorio, age 19, peasant, daughter of deceased Ferdinando di Iorio and Giovanna di Iorio (her maiden name), residents in the town

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 09 Nov 2014, 14:48

EDITED
Great researching Erudita heres to add to the pot
Marriage of Cosmo Iacobucci and di Lorio
INDEX#2

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
iacco.jpg

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 09 Nov 2014, 15:05

Marty
I posted the link to this record in my last post above
Erudita

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 09 Nov 2014, 15:21

erudita74 wrote:Marty
I posted the link to this record in my last post above
Erudita

I just wanted to post the image I didn't see you had the marriage record so I edited my post

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 09 Nov 2014, 15:35

Marriage of Giovanni Iacobucci and Lucia Damiano
Index#13
1837 Dec 9th in the town of Spinete marriage of Giovanni Iacobucci age 27 farmer born in Spinete son of Barbato Iacobucci and deceased Donata Bottino married to Lucia Damiano age 19 born in Spinete daughter of Cosmo Damiano and Maria de Vita. Married in the church of Santa Maria
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
iacco2.jpg

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 09 Nov 2014, 15:50

Birth extract record of Giovanni Iacobucci
Index#42
1809 July 14th in the town of Spinete birth of Giovanni Iacobucci son of Barbato Iacobucci age 30 and his wife Donata Bottino

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html

Marty

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 09 Nov 2014, 15:59

Birth extract of Lucia Damiano
Index#64
1818 Dec 2nd in Spinete (San Rocco) birth of Lucia Damiano daughter Cosmo Damiano age 38 farmer (son of deceased Nicola Damiano) and his wife Maria de Vita age 32
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 09 Nov 2014, 16:15

Death extract of Donata Bottino
Index#44
1837 Aug 5th in the town of Spinete death of Donata Bottino age 52(abt 1787) born in Spinete wife of Barbato Iacobucci and daughter of deceased Michele Bottino and deceased Lucia Colantuono

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 09 Nov 2014, 18:52

Birth record of Giovanni Iacobucci, son of Cosmo, in 1878 birth index as record #19, but when you go to the actual birth records for 1878, there is someone else whose record is number 19 and his record is not there. The day and month is not in the index

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 5.jpg.html

Erudita

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 09 Nov 2014, 19:05

Birth record #32 for Giuseppe Antonio Albanese
Dated March 5, 1878
He was born on the 4th at 7:10 P.M. in the house at #26 San Rocco
Mother: Filomena Albanese, daughter of Francesco, age 22
Father: Pasquale Albanese, age 20
Both peasants in the town

Erudita

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 10 Nov 2014, 12:21

Birth record of Annunziata Iacobucci , record #29, dated on March 26, 1874 (right side)

Appearing was Cosmo Iacobucci, son of Giovanni, age 29, peasant. His daughter, Annuniziata, was born on the 25th to his wife, Agata di Iorio, dau of dec Ferdinando, age 27. She was living with her husband and was also a peasant.

Erudita

NicPod07

Postby NicPod07 » 10 Nov 2014, 12:54

Hello Erudita and Marty.

Thank you both so much. I am overwhelmed by the amount of information that you have supplied to me. I feel very lucky to have had your help.

After studying these entries, I can't help but be struck by the relationships between Filomena and Pasquale Albanese. The share the same family name before they were married. Do you think they were cousins? And again for Giovanna di Iorio and Ferdinando di Irorio parents of Agata. What do you think it means?

Also where do you think I should I go to find out where these people are buried as we are about to visit Spinete in the next two months, and I would love to find them?

Regards Nicole

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 10 Nov 2014, 13:32

You're very welcome, Nicole.

When you have the same surname for the husband and wife, there is always the possibility that they are cousins on some level. Sometimes you have to go back many generations to determine this. In the case of my own great grandparents, I was able to determine that they were cousins just from the state civil records which went back to 1809. In the case of some of my husband's Sicilian ancestry, however, it took church records back in the early 1700s to determine that two individuals were cousins. So you may need earlier records not online to determine if a cousin relationship existed.

As to burial locations, you should read about cemeteries and burials in Italy. Here' some info which I received from a doctor in Naples who is also a local historian in Caserta Province-

Currently, in most large towns and cities throughout Italy, a burial plot can be rented and a gravestone placed there for ten, twenty, or thirty years. After this period of time, the remains are exhumed and, if the family desires, are placed in an urn and deposited more permanently in the wall of the cemetery or a burial niche called a loculo. In some towns, small graves, or burial niches, can be purchased and, “when a person dies without a grave, the relative takes out from the grave the oldest deceased ancestor from at least twenty years ago and puts his/her bones in a wrapping, such as material, plastic, or cotton. In this way, the newly deceased individual can be buried in this grave. The “cuscino” with the remains of the oldest deceased ancestors is then placed in the grave over the coffin. If there are many cuscini of unknown persons in the grave, then these are put down in the “ossario,” which is a large ditch where the oldest bones are buried together. Otherwise, the remains are placed in a communal burial spot (or mass grave) within the cemetery. In any case, the gravestone is removed and the burial plot is used for a new grave. Therefore in most cities, unlike in the United States, where it is possible to find tombstones of people who lived hundreds of years ago, it is difficult to find a gravestone older than thirty years.

Nicole, you should contact the municipio in the town of Spinete, as the cemetery caretaker is probably there, if there isn't an office at the actual cemetery.

comune.spinete@tiscali.it

Erudita

Return to “Italian Genealogy”