GRANDFATHER

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PROPILOT

GRANDFATHER

Postby PROPILOT » 11 Nov 2014, 20:59

TRYING FIND A PHOTO OF MY GRANDFATHER I NEVER MET.HE WENT BY THE NAME OF ARCHIE OR ACHILLE MENINI. ON MY FATHER BIRTH CERTFICATE WILLARD MENINI SAYS HIS FATHER NAME WAS ARCHIBALD MENINI BORN AUSTRIA. HE CAME TO UNITED STATES 1921 FROM ITALY, HIS BIRTHDAY WAS MAY 23, 1903, I DON'T KNOW IF THEY HAD THERE PHOTO ON A PASSPORT BACK IN 1921. ARCHIE LEFT MY FATHER AND HIS MOTHER MARY THOMAS WHEN HE WAS BABY. LOOKS LIKE ARCHIE MOVED TO CANADA AND DIED THERE 1991, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THERES AWAY TO GET A PHOTO OF HIM. THANKS, SHARON

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: GRANDFATHER

Postby Anizio » 11 Nov 2014, 21:58

THERE SHOULD BE A PASSPORT PHOTO FOR THAT TIME PERIOD.

My ancestors of that period had passport photos. Whether it was preserved by anyone or not is another question.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 11 Nov 2014, 22:00

Welcome to IG website are sure he was born in Austria
Achille Menini

New York, Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island)

Given Name: Achille
Surname: Menini
Last Place of Residence: Villa del Monte, Italy says on pg 2 of the manifest he was born there
Event Date: 21 Jan 1921
Nationality: Italian-Italian North
Departure Port: Cherbourg, France
Arrival Port: New York
Marital Status: S
Ship Name: Saxonia

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Nov 2014, 22:20

con permesso Adelfio. e frazione di Tenno, Trentino Alto Adige prima della Guerra Austria. Peter
~Peter~

TerraLavoro
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TerraLavoro » 11 Nov 2014, 23:28

PROPILOT wrote:TRYING FIND A PHOTO OF MY GRANDFATHER I NEVER MET.HE WENT BY THE NAME OF ARCHIE OR ACHILLE MENINI. ON MY FATHER BIRTH CERTFICATE WILLARD MENINI SAYS HIS FATHER NAME WAS ARCHIBALD MENINI BORN AUSTRIA. HE CAME TO UNITED STATES 1921 FROM ITALY, HIS BIRTHDAY WAS MAY 23, 1903, I DON'T KNOW IF THEY HAD THERE PHOTO ON A PASSPORT BACK IN 1921. ARCHIE LEFT MY FATHER AND HIS MOTHER MARY THOMAS WHEN HE WAS BABY. LOOKS LIKE ARCHIE MOVED TO CANADA AND DIED THERE 1991, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THERES AWAY TO GET A PHOTO OF HIM. THANKS, SHARON

If your Grandfather became a US citizen (and maybe Canada did this as well), his photo would be a part of his naturalization records, if the naturalization took place after 1925, I believe. The photo would be on his Certificate of Naturalization/Certificate of Citizenship. Alternatively, if he never naturalized but was a resident of the US in 1940, he would have had to file an AR 2 (alien registration form) and these records often contain a photo. You could run a search at the USCIS (online for $20) to see if either of those record types are available with respect to your Grandfather.
TerraLavoro

Return to “Italian Genealogy”