Birth Record Search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
demari18
Rookie
Rookie

Birth Record Search

Postby demari18 » 12 Nov 2014, 01:44

Scan.jpeg
I am looking for a birth record for February 16 or 17, 1877 in Teano Italy. It is for Luigi Lorenzo. I had found a record but didn't write down the date. I posted the record and friends on Italiangenealogy were able to read the date for me but not the rest of the record because of the poor quality of the post. I would be grateful if someone could find the record for me. I have been searching and can not locate it. Thank you very much. DeMari
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record Search

Postby adelfio » 12 Nov 2014, 02:30

That's not Luigi Lorenzo birth act
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349532901

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

demari18
Rookie
Rookie

Postby demari18 » 12 Nov 2014, 04:58

Thank you Marty - I'll keep searching. The archives in Caserta said they would search for military records for me and I am waiting to hear back from them. Maybe there will be an answer in those records if they find anything. Thanks again. DeMari

Jean Galata
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Jean Galata » 13 Nov 2014, 04:34

Have you tried checking the index for that year in the Archivio di Stato for the province and town. The index should give you the numero of the Atti di Nati. Once you have that it's easy to find the image of the birth record on line. I've found a number of relatives doing just that. Also the writing in the margin is usually a notation of the marriage of the person. When someone married in the town, they noted the record of the marriage date and spouse in the margin of the birth record.
Hope this is helpful.
Jean Galata

Return to “Italian Genealogy”