re:luogosano avellino civil records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

re:luogosano avellino civil records

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 14 Nov 2014, 09:43

the atti di morte for 1862-1865 are missing from both the stato civile and archivio di stato in avellino for the comune of luogosano.checked the lds films.its odd that all the other records are there-just these years are missing.same for the parish records.i'm trying to find a death ca.1862-1865 and contacted the parish of s.maria maggiore e s.marcellino in luogosano.no luck with either civil or parish.any ideas on where these missing years might be would be most welcome.its like these years just vanished for this comune.or no one died there ca.1862-1865 which can't be the case.

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: re:luogosano avellino civil records

Postby Anizio » 14 Nov 2014, 18:47

yes, it can be that these records were destroyed, damaged beyond recognition, or simply don't exist. The alternative is to hope that either the State Archives also have a copy or that the records do exist and the parish have just misplaced them (keep in mind sometimes the people you request from are lazy. I had the City of Rome tell me an 1883 marriage couldn't be found and didn't exist even though I gave them the registry number. I then asked the LDS church to email me a copy and they did it within a week no problem)

- Parish records from Supino were misplaced for San Pietro church, for example.
- Many records in some places bombed in the war were lost.
- Some records were destroyed because of Priests not taking care of them and poor storage.
- Sometimes fires and floods get to records destroying them.
- Sometimes they aren't kept for a period of 5 or 10 years, just look to the civil records for Liguria.
- Sometimes no one knows what happened to them - ie. one town I research only has a few sparse years between 1871 and 1880, even though it should have full civil records.

The records you seek should exist, but they don't they don't....

This question has already been answered a few times. I'm not sure what you hope for by simply re-asking it..
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 14 Nov 2014, 21:50

as i mentioned,neither the comune nor the state archive has these years.nor the parish.i was just hoping that,in some long shot chance,they may have been kept in an alternate comune or set of records.wishful thinking i guess.just my luck.3 years missing that are most likely the time period i need.

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Postby Anizio » 14 Nov 2014, 23:09

A missing record doesn't really prevent you from tracing anything, it only prevents you from getting THAT record. You can still find her marriage and birth records.

There are plenty of places in my family tree when 1 record of a person, usually death, cannot be found.

Have you considered the possibility that she did not die in the town you are searching?
at least 2 of my ancestors died while out of town, and their records were kept in the registers of those towns - sadly you mostly have to just get lucky in finding those.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 14 Nov 2014, 23:18

i have the marriage record.sent to me by the same cure who i requested the death record from.the marriage was in 1803.she was about 18 so she was born about 1785.(30 when her son francescosaverio,my ggrandfather was born in 1815).possible she did die in another comune.i checked all surrounding comunes near luogosano.nothing.i firmly believe she died in luogosano in those missing years 1862-1865.if i could at least check those years i could be certain.these parish records are virtual hieroglyphics-impossoible to decipher.more interested in her death than her birth,as i can estimate her birth year using her death record.and as the death occurred much later,it would probably be easier to read as well.

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Postby Anizio » 14 Nov 2014, 23:32

Well listen, you're not going to find it. Move on. Death record may be interesting, but the others can be used to trace back without it.

If you have trouble reading things post them and people on here can help you translate.

You've posted 3 or 4 times on here already with the exact same question expecting some new answer; no one is going to give you a miracle. if it isn't there it isn't there. We can make records come into existence.

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 14 Nov 2014, 23:53

my point is,as i've covered all the bases with no results,there may be someone out there with some suggestion that could yield results.if people just stick to the standard textbook suggestions without devising their own ways of thinking and researching,information that does exist could be overlooked.i've found this to be the case in both my italian and french canadian research over the last 20 years.they call it yankee ingenuity lol.besides,as i can't read anything in the 1803 marriage record,it would be even worse if i were able to find a baptism from 1785.probably harder to read and it would not further my lines there.the death record is the one to pursue-not the totally illegible and unreadable baptism,which the cure did not send if he could read or access it.our choices are civil or parish records.thats it.i always post interesting,if difficult,questions aimed at real experts and seasoned veterans-not the mainly generic questions posted by so called amateurs searching for relatively easy records like passenger records,which were created here and therefore much easier to find than italian records.doesn't take much experience or knowledge to find passenger records-or birth,marriage,death,or census records created in the usa.like checkers vs.chess.all that information can be found at ancestry, lds,or reading a beginners guide to italian genealogy.i put forward the real challenging questions of italian records created in italy.ignoti genitori is a perfect example.if all my research consisted of were generic searches for passenger records or birth,marriage,and death records created in the usa,i would never post here.i have posted for a few records for births,marriages,and deaths created here.but very few.90% of my posts involves italian records where there is no easy access to ancestry,lds,or ellis island.i have my thinking cap on and present real challenges to the best researchers.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”