Cousin Connection : ROGANTINI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TimInMN

Cousin Connection : ROGANTINI

Postby TimInMN » 03 Dec 2014, 06:49

I'm stuck and so glad I found this forum. I have been talking with someone from Piuro who shares may last name and we have been trying to find a connection to our family. She told me about two brothers who traveled to the USA in the 1890's name Giavanni ROGANTINI (1851) and Giosue ROGANTINI (1859). She stated she was not related to them and gave me their parents names of Pietro and Marta. They also had another brother who stayed in Italy named Giuseppe (1853). She said her family was not related to this family.

As we talked about others, she stated that Sofia ROGANTINI (1884) was her dad's great aunt and that Sofia had married a Giacinto LISIGNOLI (1885). They moved to the USA. This was the news I was looking for because they were my dad's cousins living in Minnesota (same town) so we found the connection.

BUT...

Turns out, after finding my great grandfathers death certificate, his parents WERE Pietro ROGANTINI (1823) and Marta ROGANTINI (1819). My only reasoning can be that my friend in Italy only thought they weren't related but really are OR we were not related to Sofia and Giacinto LISIGNOLI.

Sofia's parents were Giacomo ROGANTINI (1852) and Maria SCIALCHI.

I'm asking for help in finding a connection between Giacomo and Pietro ROGANTINI.

Thanks. Tim Rogentine

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Cousin Connection : ROGANTINI

Postby adelfio » 03 Dec 2014, 15:28

I would start with Giacinto Lisignoli and Sofia Faustina Rogantini marriage was Rosalia Rogantini mother of Giacinto Lisignoli related
INDEX#2
1905 Jan 22nd in the town of Piuro marriage of Giacinto Lisignoli age 20 farmer born in Piuro son of Francesco Lisignoli and deceased Rosalia Rogantini married to Sofia Faustina Rogantini age 21 farmer born in Piuro daughter of Giacomo Rogantini and Maria Scialchi
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,350271702

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 03 Dec 2014, 15:57

Marriage of Giacomo Rogantini and Maria Scialchi
INDEX#3
1880 Feb 8th in the town of Piuro marriage of Giacomo Rogantini age 28 farmer born in Piuro son of Giovanni Antonio Rogantini and Maria Succetti married to Maria Scialchi age 24 farmer born in Piuro daughter of Giacomo Scialchi and Anna Maria Bongianni
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,350271702

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

TimInMN

Postby TimInMN » 03 Dec 2014, 16:45

Thank you Marty. This is great. The thing that is confusing me is that Sofia's father was a Rogantini and Giacinto's mother was a Rogantini. I can only assume that they were from two different families. If they were related, that would make them some sort of cousins that were getting married. What are your feelings on this. Not sure what the culture was then on marrying family members.

Tim Rogentine

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 03 Dec 2014, 17:18

Very possible in a small town that cousins married each other during that era I have a few that did in the small town of Trabia not much to pick from in those small towns

Marty

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”