looking for vitale family originating from Maida Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sprekopa

looking for vitale family originating from Maida Italy

Postby sprekopa » 04 Dec 2014, 17:11

My great grandfather was Barone (noble title) Mariano Vitale from Maida, province of Catanzaro, Italy. I am looking for information regarding the family history. Also, if there are any family members reading this, Please contact me. Thank you.

Stella

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: looking for vitale family originating from Maida Italy

Postby Italysearcher » 04 Dec 2014, 18:01

Civil records for Maida are on line for 1809-1861 at familysearch.org
The Italian government have put some death records on line at their antenati site. Anything else you will have to write to the town itself.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

TerraLavoro
Veteran
Veteran

Re: looking for vitale family originating from Maida Italy

Postby TerraLavoro » 04 Dec 2014, 18:18

sprekopa wrote:My great grandfather was Barone (noble title) Mariano Vitale from Maida, province of Catanzaro, Italy.

For a very evocative look at life in Maida, you may want to read Gay Talese's "Unto the Sons". Maida is one of the ancestral comunes of the Talese family.

The book describes in extensively researched detail many aspects of daily life in Maida, including the holiday tradition of the noble families opening up their palazzi and welcoming the townspeople for Christmas celebrations.
TerraLavoro

Return to “Italian Genealogy”