One person or two puzzle?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

One person or two puzzle?

Postby rp76226 » 04 Dec 2014, 23:37

Here is a link of the death record of Francesco Morana who died in 1885 at age 80 in Bagheria who was a widow of Antonina Blando:

http://postimg.org/image/bf0kzkpxr/

His parents are on my family tree, though I did not have him nor his wife on the tree. However, maybe I do because I have another Francesco Morana on my family tree born about 1806 in Bagheria per Family Search records of his children's births that are not actual Italian documents. That would make him about the same age as the Francesco Morana in the death record which I linked here. His wife was Roaria Gagliardo, but she died October 31,1852 which would leave him plenty of time to remarry (33 years). I do not know this Francesca Morana's parents. I can't translate all of the line about him being a widow. I'm wondering if any of it indicates that he was previously married. I suspect that these two Francesco Morano's are actually the same person, and I'm hoping that someone can help me determine if they are the same person or two different people.

rp76226
Master
Master

Re: One person or two puzzle?

Postby rp76226 » 05 Dec 2014, 00:03

I think I answered my own question. I did a search for Antonina Blando on Family Search.org and found her marriage to Francesco Morana showing that he was widowed to Rosalia Gagliardo. Don't know why I did not think of that first.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”