Ramella in Novaro Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dennisramella

Ramella in Novaro Italy

Postby dennisramella » 23 Dec 2014, 20:21

Hello. My name is Dennis Ramella from Allentown Pennsylvania USA. I am looking to connect with relatives in Novaro Italy. My paternal grandparents immigrated from Novaro in the 1920's and entered the USA at Ellis Island. My grandfather Ernesto Ramella left Italy in 1920 while my grandmother Erma (Irma) Molino Ramella came to the USA in 1922. They first lived in Jersey City NJ and then moved to Allentown PA where they owned and operated an Italian Provision Store named the Star Provision. They had 1 son named Raymond John Ramella. I believe my grandmother had 3 sisters and my grandfather one brother named John who also came to the USA. Can anyone help me connect with my family?

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Ramella in Novaro Italy

Postby adelfio » 23 Dec 2014, 21:33

Welcome to IG website
Death record of Ernesto Ramella son of Giacomo and Antonina Barbera

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
42410_2421406271_1045-00002.jpg

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 24 Dec 2014, 07:48

According to the arrival manifests both Ernesto Ramella and Irma Molino were from Cossila S. Grato, province of Novara. Nowadays Cossila S. Grato is a hamlet of Biella, province of Biella. FS does not have on line records

paola52
Elite
Elite

Postby paola52 » 24 Dec 2014, 13:12

According to the 1922 manifest the name of Irma Molino's father was Lorenzo
It is also possible that Ernesto was her cousin (but over the typewritten word there is another handwritten wor I can't decipher)
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
She was 24 so born about 1898 With this info you can write to the Comune of Biella and ask for her birth record (Copia per Estratto integrale dell'Atto di nascita). Same for Ernesto
uffanagrafe@comune.biella.it
Ciao e Buon Natale
Paola :D
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan

Return to “Italian Genealogy”