Guiseppie Cardopli or Giuseppe Cardaropoli b.1918 Napoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DavidGBUK

Post by DavidGBUK »

Hello I am looking for information regarding the person named above. I have only the name the first being the one that was passed down through my family. The second I fond using search on the internet. The only other information I have at this point are he was born around 1918 in Napoli Italy, and that he was possibly a prisioner of war during the 2nd world war in Britain. Any help offered would be most welcome.

Thank You.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Guiseppie Cardopli or Giuseppe Cardaropoli b.1918 Napoli

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website are you sure he was born in Napoli
The surname Cardaropoli is popular in Bracigliano province Salerno and Minturno province Latina

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
DavidGBUK

Post by DavidGBUK »

Since I made the post I have managed to find a paper that my mother wrote the family name on the correct speling is Cardaropoli as for his first name i am still unsure wether it is Guiseppie or Giuseppe as the paper just states Famiclia Cardaropoli the paper is very faded and difficult to read. Alas my mother died a few years ago i Have no one alive from whom I can ask any information. I remember she mentioned Napoli Italia this could have been where he lived after returning to Italy. If I find any other papers or information I will post it here. I am sure some where I remember seeing an old envelope with the actual last known address on it.

again many thanks.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Well, Guiseppie does not exist in Italian, it is a horrible misspelling (often found in US) of the correct name Giuseppe.
DavidGBUK

Post by DavidGBUK »

That is good to know, Thank you for that information I will correct the spelling to that you have suggested as I am sure that would be the correct one. I think my mother only ever heard the name never actually saw it spelled. At least this all helps me.
I would assume I am now searching for Giuseppe Cardaropoli b.1918 possible in Napoli. I do know lived there while my mother had some correspondance. I have yet to try and locate that information I hope it still hidden away in a box some where in storage.

Again thank you.
gigituba

Post by gigituba »

Giuseppe Cardaropoli born Bracigliano provincia di Salerno, Campania, Italy.
gigituba

Post by gigituba »

The Cardaropoli family and all the Cardaropoli in the world are all originally from Bracigliano, province of Salerno, Campania, Italy.