The Moraci family from Bronte

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jnl3589

The Moraci family from Bronte

Post by jnl3589 »

I'm trying to find more family members/information on the Moraci family from Bronte, Catania. My great grandmother was born Antoinette Moraci April 17 1894 in Bronte and her father's name is Filippo Moraci. I also know she had 2 siblings both born in Bronte, Guiseppe born Jan 1889 and Maria born Sept 1895. I do not know her mother's name and I am unable to find it. If anyone could point me in the right direction or was able to find any other information on this family it would be greatly appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: The Moraci family from Bronte

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Maria Moraci
INDEX#523
1895 Sept 26th in the town of Bronte birth of Maria Moraci daughter of Filippo Moraci age 35 carpenter and Ninfia Serravalle

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349004602

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#121
Marriage of Filippo Moraci and Ninfa Serravalle
1884 Oct 16th in the town of Bronte parish church of Bronte marriage of Filippo Moraci age 23 son of Antonia Moraci and Rosaria Pettinato married to Ninfa Serravalle age 17 daughter of Giuseppe Serravalle and Grazia Pace
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,286754701

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I checked for birth record Antoinette Moraci born April 17 1894 no record in 1894
PG LINK TO INDEX (Bronte 1894)
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349004602

Marty

Marty
jnl3589

Post by jnl3589 »

Thank you so much for all of your help. It's much appreciated. How common is it that the birth record is missing/misplaced? All of Antoinette Moraci's records give that exact date and place.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

jnl3589 wrote:Thank you so much for all of your help. It's much appreciated. How common is it that the birth record is missing/misplaced? All of Antoinette Moraci's records give that exact date and place.
I got a feeling she was born in 1893 which year is not online. US records could be years off the birth record is not misplaced

Marty

Marty