Alfio Carrini son of Salvatore Carrini - San Fratello

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dherring

Alfio Carrini son of Salvatore Carrini - San Fratello

Postby dherring » 01 Jan 2015, 23:41

I am seeking information on Alfio Carrini's family. His parents were Salvatore Carrini and Franchesa Rondinelli. I emailed the state archives in Messina and got the following reply:

Oggetto: Richiesta copia atto di nascita di Carrini Alfio di Salvatore

In merito alla Sua richesta del 3 dicembre scorso, si communica questo Istituo possiede I registry di stato civile solo per il period 1820/1865.

Per gli anni successive al 1865 la Signoria Vostra dovra rivolgersi al Commune di San Fratello <sanfratello@pec.intradata.it>

Per quanto possa occorrere, e stato trovato l'atto di nascita di Salvatore Carrini (padre di Alfio) nato a San Fratello il 20.10.1845 figlio di Giuseppe e Gambitta Benedetta.

Cordiali saluti,

Using an online translation I took it to say Salvatore's parents were Giuseppe Carrini and Gambitta Benedetta. Is that correct?

I attempted to request additional info from the email address provided at San Fratello but the email address was not valid.

I want to continue to learn more about my family's Sicilian history and would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,
Denise

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Alfio Carrini son of Salvatore Carrini - San Fratello

Postby adelfio » 02 Jan 2015, 02:28

The Archive only has records 1820/1865 you have to send to the comune for records
What year was Alfio Carrini born in San Fratello? Are you sure his mother was Franchesa Rondinelli
Is this your Alfio
Alfio Carrini
New York, Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island)
Given Name: Alfio
Surname: Carrini
Last Place of Residence: S. Fratello, Mesfina, Italy
Event Date: 22 Mar 1908
Nationality: Italy
Departure Port: Palermo
Arrival Port: New York
Marital Status: S
Ship Name: Regina d'Italia
There are online records for San Fratello
The email address is not a good one for Comune di San Fratello its a pec email

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

dherring

Postby dherring » 02 Jan 2015, 03:04

Yes, this is him. His birth year varies on US documents from 1883 to 1893. This record provided his father's name, Salvatore, as next of kin and he was traveling with a cousin, Carmelo Maceli.

His mother's name was discovered in a letter he received from her in 1937. She signed the letter, Francesca Rondinelli Widow Carini. She also wrote of his siblings, Domenico, Maria and Loreto.

Thanks,
Denise

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 02 Jan 2015, 15:46

I looked in the birth indexes 1881-1892 found this birth record of Alfio Carrini says he married Marianna Carabotta Jan 9th 1909 in San Fratello
Birth record of Alfio Carrini
INDEX#189
1882 Sept 2nd in the town of San Fratello birth of Alfio Carrini son of Salvatore Carrini age 35 farmer and his wife Rosalia Salanitro age 28 cotton spinner
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244810401

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 02 Jan 2015, 21:03

I think Salvatore remarried because in the marriage record of Alfio Carrini and Marianna Carrabotta his mother Rosalia Salanitro was deceased at the time of the wedding
PG LINK TO MARRIAGE RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244497102

Marty

Marty

dherring

Postby dherring » 03 Jan 2015, 01:27

This is fascinating but I seem to be finding more questions than answers. Francesca referred to Alfio as son and indicated she had not seen him for over 30 yrs. He came to America in 1908 and married in 1912. Thanks for ALl your efforts to assist me.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 03 Jan 2015, 17:20

I looked again in San Fratello heres some siblings of the Alfio I found
Birth record of Maria Teresa Carrini
INDEX#117
1885 April 7th in the town of San Fratello birth of Maria Teresa Carrini daughter of Salvatore Carrini age 40 farmer and his wife Rosalia Salanitro cotton spinner
Sidenote says she married Nicolo Morello
PG LINK TO RECORD

Birth of Filadelfio Carrini
INDEX#88
1888 Mar 16th in the town of San Fratello birth of Filadelfio Carrini son of Salvatore Carrini age 43 farmer and his wife Rosalia Salanitro age 38 cotton spinner
PG LINK TO RECORD

Birth record of Benedetto Carrini
INDEX#67
1892 Mar 7th in the town of San Fratello birth of Benedetto Carrini son of Salvatore Carrini age 47 farmer and his wife Rosalia Salanitro age 41 cotton spinner
PG LINK TO RECORD

Birth record of Giuseppe Carrini
INDEX#133
1880 May 21st in the town of San Fratello birth of Giuseppe Carrini son of Salvatore Carrini age 34 farmer and his wife Rosalia Salanitro age 29 cotton spinner
Sidenote married Benedetta Militi

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD

PG LINK TO MARRIAGE RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244497102

Marty

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 04 Jan 2015, 15:43

Where di Alfio Carrini settle in the US?

Marty

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 04 Jan 2015, 16:38

Something doesn't jive here I went through the birth indexes of San Fratello 1878-1895 that's the only Alfio Carrini I found. Is it possible your shipmanifest is not the right Alfio Carrini ? Can you post links to the other records you have?

Marty

Marty

dherring

Postby dherring » 04 Jan 2015, 22:08

I dont have any links. The letter our family has was the only connection we had to Alfio's past and clues to where he came from. He would never discuss his family or where he was from.

dherring

Postby dherring » 20 Mar 2015, 21:10

Hi Marty,
I've had the letter from my great-great grandmother to my great-grandfather translated and it yielded a clue that makes me think my family has been mistaken about Alfio's birthplace. The letter header had "Alvito" next to the date. That is a town in Lazio about 90 miles north of Naples. Interestingly, his WWII draft card indicates his birthplace as "Elva near Naples" Italy. I was wondering if you could check the records for Alvito, Lazio, Italy for Alfio Carrini (dob 18 Mar 1887 per WWII draft card), his mother Francesca Rondinelli or siblings, Domenico (died between 1915-1918), Maria (died 1926) and Loreto (occupation Army of the Carabinieri). That info is from Francesca's letter. She did not name her spouse but said Alfio's father died in 1932. If you are busy can you recommend someone that may be able to check these records? Thank you for all the effort you have given so far.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 20 Mar 2015, 22:25

There are no online records of Alvito a town in the province of Frosinone at the present. Only microfilm at Family History Library for rent they are only 1809-1861 so you would have to write for that record

Marty

Marty

dherring

Postby dherring » 21 Mar 2015, 00:17

Are the 1809-1861 state records or commune records? Just wondering where records 1861 and newer would be as Alfio's birth year is 1887. His parents may even have been born after 1861 and I don't know his father's first name. Thanks again.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”