Grandmother from Patti/Acquidolce Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
registrarln

Grandmother from Patti/Acquidolce Sicily

Post by registrarln »

Like all of you, we are trying to track down our family history. Here's what I know:

My father is Vincenzo Noto born in/around Patti/Acquidolce around 1933. Came to the US around 1956. Has a brother Giovanni or Giovannino who would have been older. Their mother was Francesca Noto (formerly Cottone) and may have had a sister, Vincenza. Francesca's mother's maiden name may have been Caputo.

I'm trying to find information about my grandmother, Francesca Cottone Noto. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Grandmother from Patti/Acquidolce Sicily

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Where did Vincenzo settle in the USA? Did his brother come to the USA?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
registrarln

Post by registrarln »

Vincenzo came to New York around 1955/1956, then they moved to California 1957. His brother ended up in Germany.

My nonna was born Francesca Cottone, married a gentleman with the last name of Noto. It's possible his first name is Guiseppe (spelling?). My dad, Vincent (Vincenzo) was born 1/1/33, so they would have married...approximately 1910.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Acquedolci is a comune now but it use to be a frazione of San Fratello obtained comune status in 1969 so if your sure of the birth town you would have to send for records for that time period
Maybe start with your dads birth record.

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Acquedolci
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele III
98070 Acquedolci ME
Italy
Dott.ssa Maria Concetta Carianni
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Vincenzo Noto

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Acquedolci. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Vincenzo Noto
Luogo di nascita: Acquedolci
Data di nascita: 1933
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty