Silvaggi, Tiberio in Ceccano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cpaparelli

Silvaggi, Tiberio in Ceccano

Postby Cpaparelli » 17 Jan 2015, 22:19

Hello all! New to the forum--so glad I discovered it. Until now, I wasn't sure etiquette and friendliness was to be found on forums anymore! Thanks for being so wonderful and helpful :D

Anyway, I am in the process of collecting documentation with the end goal of applying for dual citizenship. I have exhausted my stateside resources, and am now onto the big three (birth, marriage, death records) in the hometown of my great-grandparents. If anyone could be of assistance in locating or referring me to an affordable location service, I would be most grateful! Info is as follows:

Lavinio Silvaggi m.(?) Giacinta Tiberio

Lavinio
b. 21 Sept 1889
unknown parentage

Giacinta
b. 11 May 1889
Daughter of Antonio and Catherine Tiberio

They had three sons in Italy before moving stateside: Frank, Sisto, and Vincent. My grandmother was born here, but had my father after the 1948 ruling legalizing maternal citizenship passage. My grandfather served in WWII, so I would be unable to claim citizenship from his line (although I may later post a separate thread just out of curiousity!).

Thanks in advance for any help!!

-C

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Silvaggi, Tiberio in Ceccano

Postby adelfio » 17 Jan 2015, 23:15

You can send for the birth records in the format you need send no money and a photo id with your request
Ufficio di Anagrafe
Comune di Ceccano
Via Salita al Castello, 12
03023 Ceccano (Fr)
Italia
email: anagrafe@comune.ceccano.fr.it

Resp. Settore: Dott.sa Diana D'Amico
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di nascita di Lavinio Silvaggi il 1889 di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Il mio nome e` [ your name]. Sono un cittadino americano discendente da Italiani e sto cercando di ottenere anche la cittadinanza italiana.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere il Vostro aiuto, poiche` mi necessita l’estratto dell’atto di nascita, in formato internazionale di:Lavinio Silvaggi nato a Ceccano il 1889
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Resp. Settore: Dott.sa Diana D'Amico
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di nascita di Giacinta Tiberio di Antonio il 1889 di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Il mio nome e` [ your name]. Sono un cittadino americano discendente da Italiani e sto cercando di ottenere anche la cittadinanza italiana.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere il Vostro aiuto, poiche` mi necessita l’estratto dell’atto di nascita, in formato internazionale di: Giacinta Tiberio di Antonio nato a Ceccano il 1889
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

OGGETTO: richiesta copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio di Lavinio Silvaggi e Giacinta Tiberio di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana

Il mio nome e` [ your name]. Sono un cittadino americano discendente da Italiani e sto cercando di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito: Lavinio Silvaggi
Nome e cognome della moglie: Giacinta Tiberio
Luogo di matrimonio: Ceccano
Data di matrimonio: 1910-1912
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Cpaparelli

Postby Cpaparelli » 18 Jan 2015, 19:32

Thanks!! Is it necessary to send by post first, or would an email suffice?

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 18 Jan 2015, 23:13

To Ceccano I would recommend by regular mail
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Cpaparelli

Postby Cpaparelli » 26 Mar 2015, 19:42

10 days! They responded in 10 days via email! I have digital copies of combined birth/marriage records I never thought I'd see :!:

How do I request hard copies with an apostille? Is there a certain procedure I have to follow, or just a simple reply with thanks and the request? My Italian is laughable at best, so any translations are greatly appreciated :)

Cpaparelli

Postby Cpaparelli » 26 Mar 2015, 19:59

Oh, also--I sent handwritten post of the same content, as I generally plan on at least one technical difficulty in delivery when dealing with overseas communications... Faux pas on my part? I'm just now thinking of this. Yikes.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 26 Mar 2015, 20:07

Glad to help
Do the copies have date and the town seal on it?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Cpaparelli

Postby Cpaparelli » 26 Mar 2015, 20:34

They are clearly official, hand-signed documents, but they are digital photocopies.

EDIT: I'm utterly clueless on how to post images in posts-- hotlink!
http://www.geni.com/photo/view/60000000 ... position=0

TerraLavoro
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TerraLavoro » 26 Mar 2015, 20:37

Cpaparelli wrote:10 days! They responded in 10 days via email! I have digital copies of combined birth/marriage records I never thought I'd see :!:

How do I request hard copies with an apostille? Is there a certain procedure I have to follow, or just a simple reply with thanks and the request? My Italian is laughable at best, so any translations are greatly appreciated :)

If you will be presenting the documents that you received from Ceccano to an Italian Consulate in the USA, then no apostille is required. As Adelfio mentioned, if the documents are signed and dated by the town official, you are probably in good shape. At which consulate will you be applying? NY might still want hard copy versions that were sent to you via snail mail....which is to say that some consulates are more fussy than others. Good luck.
TerraLavoro

Cpaparelli

Postby Cpaparelli » 26 Mar 2015, 20:52

I haven't quite gotten to the consulate research yet, as I expected this process to take much longer. I'm not terribly particular about location, as I'm fairly equidistant from all of the Midwest/Northeast consulates--blessing and a curse. How does one go about finding wait times, pickiness re:documents, procedural differences, etc?

You're all wonderful--thanks for all the help.

TerraLavoro
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TerraLavoro » 27 Mar 2015, 01:10

Glad that you are not particular, but you don't have a choice, you must apply at the consulate with jurisdiction over your residence. What state do you live in?
TerraLavoro

carubia
Master
Master

Postby carubia » 27 Mar 2015, 09:13

Cpaparelli wrote:My grandfather served in WWII, so I would be unable to claim citizenship from his line
What makes you think that your GF's WWII service had any bearing on his Italian citizenship? It didn't.

BTW, I claimed Italian citizenship through my GF, who served in the US Navy during WWII.

TerraLavoro
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TerraLavoro » 27 Mar 2015, 16:28

carubia wrote:
Cpaparelli wrote:My grandfather served in WWII, so I would be unable to claim citizenship from his line
What makes you think that your GF's WWII service had any bearing on his Italian citizenship? It didn't.

BTW, I claimed Italian citizenship through my GF, who served in the US Navy during WWII.

I can add that my father is a WWII vet, and his Italian citizenship is recognized, as is mine through him.
TerraLavoro

Return to “Italian Genealogy”