Find marriage, please?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
montanajj2002

Find marriage, please?

Postby montanajj2002 » 21 Jan 2015, 06:30

Would it be possible for someone to find the marriage of: Constantino OTTOLINO and Maria Lagioia, who wed in Triggiano on January 15, 1921, and tell me what it says about each on this paper?
Much Thanks for any help-

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Find marriage, please?

Postby liviomoreno » 21 Jan 2015, 07:51

montanajj2002 wrote:Would it be possible for someone to find the marriage of: Constantino OTTOLINO and Maria Lagioia, who wed in Triggiano on January 15, 1921, and tell me what it says about each on this paper?
Much Thanks for any help-

The paper is missing..
You may request their marriage record to:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune di Triggiano
Piazza Vittorio Veneto 46
70019 Triggiano BA
Italy

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 21 Jan 2015, 15:56

Marriage of Constantino Ottolino and Maria Lagioia
Index#10
1921 Jan 16th in the town of Triggiano appeared Constantino Ottolino age 23 farmer born in Triggiano son of Vincenzo Ottolino and Elena Rubino married Maria Lagioia age 21 born in Triggiano daughter of deceased Vincenzo Lagioia and Gaetana Vitti
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1015692701

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 21 Jan 2015, 16:07

adelfio wrote:Marriage of Constantino Ottolino and Maria Lagioia
Index#10
1921 Jan 16th in the town of Triggiano appeared Constantino Ottolino age 23 farmer born in Triggiano son of Vincenzo Ottolino and Elena Rubino married Maria Lagioia age 21 born in Triggiano daughter of deceased Vincenzo Lagioia and Gaetana Nitti
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1015692701

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 21 Jan 2015, 17:09

Hi Livio sure its not Vitti

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

montanajj2002

Postby montanajj2002 » 21 Jan 2015, 18:02

Thanks SO much, Marty for finding the marriage and translation for Constantino OTTOLINO and Maria Lagioia. YOU have been most helpful, and it is very appreciated!

Thanks for your input, also, livio !

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 21 Jan 2015, 20:23

adelfio wrote:Hi Livio sure its not Vitti

Marty

Hi Marty

Good question :)

Both the surnames Nitti and Vitti appear in Triggiano but in this case it is definitely Nitti. I also was wondering which one it might be (I had previously found Maria Lagioia's birth record which was not clear); so found the marriage record of the parents Vincenzo and Gaetana shortly afterwards to verify and intended to post but ran out of time and intended to post with the translation now. When I compared the surname Nitti with Vincenzo, the "n" and "v" are quite distinct. I also had looked at indices etc.

Marriage Record No 57:
Vincenzo Lagioia and Gaetana Nitti
6 December 1893, 5.30 pm, Triggiano
Groom: Vincenzo Lagioia, 33, peasant farmer, born and living in Triggiano, celibe (single), son of the late Francesco who resided in Triggiano when alive, and Carmela Carnomeo, residing in Triggiano.

Bride: Gaetana Nitti, 15, casalinga (translates to houswife or a woman who dedicates herself to home duties), born and residing in Bari, nubile (single), daughter of the late Michele who resided in Bari when alive, and of Maria Triggiano, living in Bari.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I note that Livio has since also located the record and posted on this related thread:
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/33349

Great you found the marriage record of Constantino and Maria Marty. I've been “painfully” using the antenati site and the marriage records only seem to go to 1900. Of course there are lots of other great records there that are not yet on Family Search.
Angela :D

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 22 Jan 2015, 09:05

adelfio wrote:Hi Livio sure its not Vitti

Marty

Marty, one of the witnesses is Ventrella Nicola, from there you cans see the difference between the V and the N :wink:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”