Looking for Crevatin (Francesco and Maria) from Trieste

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jessilee54

Looking for Crevatin (Francesco and Maria) from Trieste

Postby Jessilee54 » 30 Jan 2015, 07:54

hi in looking for information on my great grandparents from Trieste. Francesco was in the cabinere. They had two children, Palmira and Francesco (my nonno).
Any info will help!

Ciao

PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Crevatin (Francesco and Maria) from Trieste

Postby PippoM » 30 Jan 2015, 09:42

Crevatin might be the italianization of some slavic surname, like Hrvatin, Hrovatin.
Can you add some more detail? (When and where they emigrated, approximate yeras of birth, and so on)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

Jessilee54

Postby Jessilee54 » 31 Jan 2015, 09:43

My Nonno Frabk Crevatin came left Genoa when he was 19 by ship and docked in Halifax at Pier 21. His Father Francesco was a cabinere and the family was relocated to different towns he was posted in during the war. Some of the towns Nonno mentioned were: Parma(where they were originally from), Udine, Padowa,Kazarsa, Sardinia, and Monte di capodistria. His father fought in the war in Africa. My Nonno could not find work in Halifax so he made his way to Toronto and then to Windsor Ontario which is where they live now. I will work on finding out the dates.

Jessilee54

Postby Jessilee54 » 31 Jan 2015, 09:51

My Nonna is Aristea Skibin who was from Rjeka. Her mother was names Guiliana and her father was Boris. They immigrated to Toronto and I know that is where my Nonno and Nonna met.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”