military records in palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

military records in palermo

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 31 Jan 2015, 17:33

just wondering if military records are available for palermo for men born before 1855.i believe military conscription wasn't mandatory for men born before 1855(according to trafford cole)and i'm searching for a possible military record(liste di leva)for an ancestor born in palermo in 1851.i think military conscripotion was instituted about 1873,which would only apply to men born in or after 1855. i see nothing in the lds film catalog.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: military records in palermo

Postby adelfio » 31 Jan 2015, 18:12

Hi John looks like yes
Le fonti della leva militare sono raccolte nei due fondi denominati LISTE DI LEVA e FOGLI MATRICOLARI DI PALERMO E TRAPANI, suddivisi nelle serie: 1) liste di leva delle circoscrizioni militari di Palermo, Termini Imerese, Cefalù, Corleone, dalla classe 1841 alla classe 1911; 2) fogli matricolari delle classi 1841-1905. Per ogni iscritto nelle liste di leva sono annotati maternità, paternità, domicilio, professione, dati somatici e l'esito della visita (abile, riformato, rimandato). Sui fogli matricolari vengono riportate invece, e per i soli arruolati, notizie sulla durata del servizio militare prestato, le campagne di guerra, il corpo di arruolamento fino al definitivo congedo (soldati semplici e i sottufficiali). I fondi sono soggetti a periodiche implementazioni delle serie.

The sources of military service are collected in the two funds denominated LISTS LEVER and service books PALERMO AND DRILLS, divided into the series: 1) levy lists of military districts of Palermo, Termini Imerese, Cefalu, Corleone, from class to class 1841 1911 ; 2) service books of the classes from 1841 to 1905. For each registered as leverage are annotated maternity, paternity, address, profession, somatic data and the outcome of the visit (clever, reformed, postponed). The service books are returned instead, and only for those enrolled, news on the duration of military service, the campaigns of the war, the body of enlistment until the final farewell (privates and non-commissioned officers). The funds are subject to periodic implementations of the series.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 31 Jan 2015, 18:13

Delete
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 31 Jan 2015, 18:16

thanks marty.so it would seem that military conscription in palermo would cover those born before 1855.francesco landino born in 1851 in palermo.now to find the lds film and number for that record.i went to the lds film catalogue and tried typing in matricolari,liste di leva,etc.can't pull anything up.i believe they would have those records as they have those for messina.i'll call them for a film number.they discontinued the free photoduplication service so i'll have to order the film.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”