ww1service

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
giacomin

ww1service

Post by giacomin »

I'm looking for the service records of my late father in law. He was born 1895 in S Polo di Piave, Treviso. His name was Vittorio Giacomin. He was badly injured during a battle not too long after enlisting and spent a year or so in hospital. His parents were Giobatta Giacomin and his mother was Maria Spinazze. if anyone could help with any info particularly re his war service or any info regarding the family I'd be most grateful.

thanks Audrey
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: ww1service

Post by Anizio »

You want to send the below letter.

If you are willing to receive the documents by email, include your email address. (they would be of better quality).

This letter asks for his military service records and any other relevant military records they may have. At the least you will get his service record which (should) give you his parents names, his address, physical characteristics, and a list of units he was attached to, dates, medals, campaigns, injuries, etc. depending on how well the record was record by the official.
In addition you may receive anything else with this letter, for instance I receive an additional 3 documents for my great-grandfather, one of which was his denied request to be excluded from the draft.

Archivio di Stato di Treviso
Via Pietro Di Dante 11
31100 Treviso (TV)
Italia

Egregi Signori,

Mi chiamo (your name), ed abito nel (your country), all'indirizzo sopraddetto (include your address as a title to the letter so its easy for them to see and reply). Cerco informazioni sul mio antenato, Vittorio Giacomin. Cerco questi dati per conoscere meglio la mia famiglia.

Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi i ruoli matricolari (e, se possibile, gli altri documenti militari che possono esistere) di Bernardino Battistella, in carta libera. Vittorio Giacomin era nato nel 1895 a S. Polo di Piave. I suoi genitori erano Giovanni Battista Giacomin e Maria Spinazze.

Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza e premura, vi prego di addebitarmi tutte le spese postali e dei documenti.

Distini saluti,

(your name)
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Maria Spinazzi
Index#12
1931 May 18th in the town of San Polo di Piave death of Maria Spinazzi age 63(abt 1868) born in Vazzola resides in San Polo di Piave daughter of deceased Silvestre Spinazzi and deceased Regina Botter and wife of deceased Gio Battista Giacomini

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,248317801

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
giacomin

Post by giacomin »

Thank you so much for the speedy reply. I'll certainly send the letter to the Treviso Archives and hopefully get the information I've been looking for. And more thanks for the info on Maria Spinazzi.
any further info that anyone can 'dig' out I'd be most grateful

thanks, Audrey