Money Transfers

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Money Transfers

Postby Anizio » 06 Feb 2015, 13:25

Hi, I received a reply to my letter to the State Archives of Rome requesting documents.

Usually they respond to requests for free, but this time my request involved documents from Court cases my family had been involved in in the 1800s and so there is over 50 pages they would need to send to me.

They want me to transfer money:

dovrà far pervenire con sistema di money transfer la somma di euro 53,00 (cinquantatré) al Direttore dell’Archivio di Stato di Roma corso del Rinascimento, 40 00186 Roma, con causale “lavoro Galla Placidia”.

Does anyone know exactly how I would do this?
I have never had anyone ask me to transfer money to them and since it is not a small amount I would rather not simply put money in an envelope and they didn't tell me an account number to send it to or anything, just the address.

Thanks!
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Money Transfers

Postby adelfio » 06 Feb 2015, 15:54

I have used paypal by email before to send money to Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 06 Feb 2015, 16:10

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Postby Anizio » 06 Feb 2015, 20:04

thanks for your help. They don't seem to be clear on how to do this, but a 3rd cousin of mine in italy offered to do it for me.

Thanks anyway
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

Return to “Italian Genealogy”