Nanetti ancestry

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Nanetti ancestry

Postby Nanettidancer » 08 Feb 2015, 03:58

Hello, I hope to find my ancestors from Italy. The only information I have is my mother's and maternal grandfather's surname..Nanetti. His name was Gregorio Nanetti and he emigrated to Hermosillo, Mexico in the1920's - 30's. We will be visiting Italy for the first time in June and it would be great to visit the area that my ancestors are from. Any help would be very appreciated.

Re: Nanetti ancestry

Postby Anizio » 08 Feb 2015, 05:04

Do you happen to know the approximate year of birth of your grandfather? It would help significantly.

I can tell you for sure that the family stomping ground for Nanetti is the province of Bologna, with half of all Nanetti's seeming to live in Bologna itself. BUT that doesn't mean thats where your grandfather came from. He could have grew up in a small town in Bologna province, or he could have been part of one of the small branches that left Bologna.

If you know his year or date of birth you could likely find his birth certificate here: ... /waypoints
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

Return to “Italian Genealogy”