Reading NY Marriage Certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
richsorr1

Reading NY Marriage Certificate

Postby richsorr1 » 11 Feb 2015, 20:26

Hi all,

I ordered my great grandparents marriage certificate hoping to find the names of their parents and also the town my great grandmother was from.

Unfortunately, place of birth is just listed as IT. The parents names are listed, but I cannot make out what either of the mothers names say. Can anyone make these out better? The grooms father is Giuseppe, and mother looks like ??? Pallo? the brides mother I can't make out at all.

I am trying to figure out where my great grandmother Giuseppina Giordano was from and her family members. I was hoping to get a start on this by finding her parents names. Same for my great grandfather Bernard, I know he is from Sora, but I am looking for siblings and relatives still.

thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Reading NY Marriage Certificate

Postby PippoM » 12 Feb 2015, 13:43

Really hard to read. I literally read "Giordania Bmaio" for Giuseppina's mother. "Giordania" might even be surname "Giordano", but can it be her maiden name?
Do you have their ship manifests?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 12 Feb 2015, 14:22

I found the manifest for a Giuseppe Polsinelli

http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7

going to meet son Bernardo in N.Y on Dec 3rd, 1910, and leaving wife Giustina Alati in Madonna della Quercia, Sora. This might be your GGF's father
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

richsorr1

Postby richsorr1 » 13 Feb 2015, 00:22

PippoM wrote:Really hard to read. I literally read "Giordania Bmaio" for Giuseppina's mother. "Giordania" might even be surname "Giordano", but can it be her maiden name?
Do you have their ship manifests?

I do not have the ship manifest for Giordano.. I have no information other than my great grandmothers name. I would I really like to find more about her side of the family, I'm told she had over 20 siblings..

richsorr1

Postby richsorr1 » 13 Feb 2015, 00:29

PippoM wrote:I found the manifest for a Giuseppe Polsinelli

http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7

going to meet son Bernardo in N.Y on Dec 3rd, 1910, and leaving wife Giustina Alati in Madonna della Quercia, Sora. This might be your GGF's father

yes, I've seen this too. I am not sure this is my GGF Bernard, I have found another Bernardo Polsinelli from Sora with a different birthdate. The address listed also does not match the address I have in the 1910 census record, which is third ave.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”