records from Veroli (Frosinone)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mirabello

records from Veroli (Frosinone)

Postby Mirabello » 11 Feb 2015, 22:07

I'm looking for records about Vincenzo Iocchi and Lucia Ferrante. They married in Veroli (Frosinone) around 1900-1905 and they had 3 sons: Cecilia, Giulio and Pietrina.
Can anyone help?

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: records from Veroli (Frosinone)

Postby Anizio » 12 Feb 2015, 03:29

For that time period you will have to write the Comune, ask them to search for integral copies of their birth acts between 1900 and 1905. You can also write to the State Archive of Frosinone and ask for Vincenzo's military record (ruoli matricolari) which will contain a birth year and parents names - I'd try this first.

In both cases they might say no because of the lack of precision, but my experience meeting the men at the Archives of Frosinone is that they are very nice and helpful, so they might be more willing to spend time looking than the town.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

Mirabello

Postby Mirabello » 12 Feb 2015, 23:21

Thank you for your precious advices. I will try sending a formal request to the "Archivio di Stato di Frosinone".

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 13 Feb 2015, 08:43

Mirabello wrote:Thank you for your precious advices. I will try sending a formal request to the "Archivio di Stato di Frosinone".

Birth records between 1900 an 1905 must be requested to the Comune (ufficio di Sato Civile)

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 16 Feb 2015, 11:17

Civil records in Veroli began in 1871 prior to that you will need to know the parish and do research there. There were 6 parishes in Veroli in those times. The town clerks have a listing of families by parish but rarely consult it.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Mirabello

Postby Mirabello » 17 Feb 2015, 18:05

also these info are very helpfull. Thank you

Return to “Italian Genealogy”