Forcellino from Cetara

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kristingish

Forcellino from Cetara

Postby kristingish » 15 Feb 2015, 23:49

I am researching the family of Francesco Forcellini, my 4x great grandfather. He is mentioned in passenger records of his children as residing in Cetara in 1876 and Agropoli in 1896 and 1912. I do not know the names of Francesco's parents but have found information indicating that he had at least one sibling: Pietro Forcellini.

Francesco had at least four sons all born in Cetara:

• Vincenzo Forcellini, born abt 1880, resided in Cetara in 1928
  • Pietro Forcellino, born 30 Jun 1881, married Sofia Scannapieco after immigrating to the US in 1907, long term residence in Philadelphia
  • Gennaro Forcellini, born about 1883, immigrated 1907 with brother Alfonso visiting brother Pietro in Philadelphia, married Maria Duratore in 1913, long term residence in Philadelphia
  • Alfonso Forcellino, born 18 Dec 1885, immigrated 1907 with brother Gennaro visiting brother Pietro in Philadelphia, married Lucia Maria Gatto

More information on the lineage I have found is recorded here: http://the-richeys.com/surnames/the-forcellinis/.

I have been unable to find information on any records from Cetara. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Note: I have found records of both males and females in the tree as both Forcellini and Forcellino and I'm not sure which is the correct surname to cite.

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Forcellino from Cetara

Postby Anizio » 16 Feb 2015, 07:07

Your best bet is moving away from the internet and getting the actual records from the town of Cetara.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Forcellino from Cetara

Postby adelfio » 16 Feb 2015, 21:53

Military info
Nome: Pietro Forcellino
Classe: 1881
Comune di nascita: Cetara
Full text: Forcellino Pietro son of Francesco and Galano Maria birth 6/30/1881 in Cetara profession shoemaker

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”