Sorrentino family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mario@upsuff.com

Sorrentino family

Postby mario@upsuff.com » 24 Feb 2015, 18:19

Hello, I am just beginning my search and I wonder if anyone has any information regarding the Sorrentino family. My grandfather was called Giovanni Sorrentino, i think his wife would have been called Anna. Giovanni was born around 1860 +\- in the Torre del Greco area. I know that he had three sons, Vincenzo (my father) born on 5/April 1896; Pasquale and Ciro. I have very little information and I do not know where to start. I would be grateful for any help. Thank you. By the way, I was born in Santa Maria la Bruna, but left there when I was young, but I do speak Italian.
Grazie mille

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Sorrentino family

Postby Tessa78 » 24 Feb 2015, 19:04

Welcome to the forum! :-)

Some records are available online for Torre del Greco.
I have located a possible birth record for Giovanni's son, Ciro. The age of Giovanni would put his birth about 1861. :-)

POSSIBLE birth record for CIRO Sorrentino - born 1904 in Torre del Greco

Record #35
Dated 8 January 1904 at 9:10 Am at the town office
Before the official appeared Giovanni Sorrentino, age 43, farmer residing in Torre del Greco, to declare that at 12:30 on the 7th of the current month, at the place at Contrada Ponte della Gatta #110, to Anna Accardo, peasant farmer, his wife residing with him, was born a male child who was presented to the official and to whom was given the name CIRO.
Witnesses to the recording of this act were Francesco Imperato, 41, messenger; and Errico Fumo, 34, servant; both residing in this town.
The official read the present act to all the participants and they all signed with him.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245742501

T.

mario@upsuff.com

Re: Sorrentino family

Postby mario@upsuff.com » 05 Mar 2015, 18:23

Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated. :D
Mario

Return to “Italian Genealogy”