Unknown processetti record?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Unknown processetti record?

Postby Robin B Mc » 25 Feb 2015, 21:48

I'm looking at the processetti records for the marriage between Domenico d'Amore and Carolina Marinucci, Dec 1844 in Sulmona. Domenico's father was named Amadio, as confirmed on both his marriage and birth records. But in the processetti there is a death record for ? Vincenzo d'Amore:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

The record before that one is of Amadio's death. So if Vincenzo is not Domenico's father, who is he and why is his death record in Domenico's marriage processetti?

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Unknown processetti record?

Postby adelfio » 26 Feb 2015, 00:03

On the marriage record it shows in writing what records are filed in the processetti toward the bottom of the record the birth records of the bride and groom etc............
it says line#4 nell atto di morte dell avo paterno dello sposo=the death record of the paternal grandfather of the groom
PG LINK TO MARRIAGE RECORD OF DOMENICO

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Robin B Mc » 26 Feb 2015, 00:13

Ah, thank you! I know I should look at the records in more detail but obviously it's difficult when you're not fluent in Italian lol. Thanks again!

Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Robin B Mc » 26 Feb 2015, 00:19

Now I'm facing a problem with names though. Amadio's death record says his father's name was Domenico, not Vincenzo?

ETA: Okay, it's starting to make some sense. Amadio's death record says he's the son of Domenico and Maria Antonia d'Angelo. His death listed in the processetti says his father was Vincenzo Domenico and his mother was Maria Antonia d'Angelo Carafone, which matches up with Vincenzo's death record saying his wife was Antonia Carafone.

Confusing but it looks like they're all the same people after all.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 26 Feb 2015, 00:39

Theres a lot of info on the processetti always check out the written areas they will explain the records sometimes they give the dates and index numbers of the acts that are in the processetti

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”