Researching great grandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dladkins

Researching great grandparents

Postby dladkins » 25 Feb 2015, 22:00

Hi, I am new to doing genealogical research. I am going to Sicily Italy in a couple of months. My great grandparents were from Palermo and came over to the U.S. in the early 1900s. My great grandfathers name was Vincenzo or Vincent Ternullo. I have my great grandparents wedding certificate at home and need to look at it for more information about my great grandmothers name. Has anyone done any research on any Ternullo's from Palermo? I will write more when I get my great grandmothers maiden name. Thank you.

Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Researching great grandparents

Postby Robin B Mc » 25 Feb 2015, 23:14

There are vital records for Palermo 1866-1903 (and 1908) available for free at FamiySearch.org: https://familysearch.org/search/collection/2051639 - so if your great grandparents were born before 1903 (or in 1908), you can use that collection. If you want to go back further than 1866, they are available on microfilm back to 1820 - or Ancestry.com has marriages back that far (only marriages).

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 26 Feb 2015, 00:11

Welcome to IG website
Did Vincenzo Ternullo settle in Boston Ma?
How about year of birth?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Postby Marcello_DAleo » 15 Mar 2015, 10:19

I checked the Birth indexes of Palermo from 1856 to 1905, but no Ternullo is listed there. The last name Ternullo is common is eastern Sicily, expecially in Siracusa province.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/

Return to “Italian Genealogy”