Portale della Storia degli Italiani?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bnbnm

Portale della Storia degli Italiani?

Postby bnbnm » 15 Mar 2015, 21:17

Just wondering if anyone else is again having a problem accessing this wonderful website? There is such an incredible wealth of information available there - when it's working. Seems in the past 6 months it's been more down than up. Have they changed the web address? Thanks for any information.
B. Pappaianni

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?

Postby Anizio » 16 Mar 2015, 16:57

Keep in mind that site is down 1-2 hours per night, around the same time, for regular maintenance. If you keep accessing around that time it explains your trouble. I have used it for years and it is almost always up.

At the moment it is down because Thursday-Friday of last week they uploaded a HUGE amount of documents from the Archives of Pesaro and Macerata. Although it was unstable and they worked for a few days trying to fix and then eventually took all of Pesaro's records off as of yesterday. I am positive it is down now because they are trying to re-upload all of Pesaro's records and trying to get over the error that occurred.

Patience.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 16 Mar 2015, 18:25

I believe that bnbnm is referring to this http://web.archive.org/web/201306012307 ... temaAction
not to http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/home

Unfortunately the "Portale della Storia degli Italiani" seems to have disapeared

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Postby Anizio » 16 Mar 2015, 18:49

My mistake. I seem to be half asleep this morning.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

bnbnm

Postby bnbnm » 16 Mar 2015, 23:54

Thanks to both Anizio & liviomoreno for your information. Actually, the site I have always linked to is: http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/index.faces.
It worked wonderfully for years - thousands of records there - but about 6-8 months ago it went down. Then one day it was back up. Now it's down again. The link just tries and tries and never connects. I just tried the "webarchive" link that liviomoreno posted and lo and behold - that's my portal!!! But even though it looks exactly like the portal I've always used, my login info doesn't take me where it used to. In fact, I can't really figure out WHERE it's taking me but it's not a search page. Is this something new that has replaced the old site? My people are from Cosenza/Calabria. If anyone has a different site with old records from this area I'd truly appreciate knowing what it is.
B. Pappaianni

bradgraz

Postby bradgraz » 14 Apr 2015, 07:35

I'm having the same problem. I contacted Paolo Siciliani (paolo.siciliani@beniculturali.it..) of the Archive's IT department to request status of their site. His response was as follows:

"Salve abbiamo problemi sui server, non siamo in grado di accertare i tempi per il ripristino.
Cordiali saluti
Paolo Siciliani"

Translated to English:
"Hi we have problems on the server , we are not able to ascertain the time for recovery."

I hope they fix it soon.

Famiglia Troncellito

Postby Famiglia Troncellito » 03 May 2015, 02:28

About 2014 they had the same problem. Down for about 5 months.
Now again since about 3 months.

mgulluscio

Postby mgulluscio » 04 May 2015, 22:31

I'n not sure if this is the same website you are speaking of but the Portale Della Storia Delgi-State Archive of Cosenza, has been down since Jan. Many of us have received e-mails & continue to contact the ministry. We have been told due to a lack in funding it had to shut down. Maybe the gov't. can find some $

wisemonkey
Rookie
Rookie

Postby wisemonkey » 16 May 2015, 16:18

Thank you for solving the mystery. The Portale Della Storia Delgi Italiani -State Archive of Cosenza was a treasure trove and I really miss it. Has the ministry considered making it a subscription service and charging for access? Just a thought.

mgulluscio

Postby mgulluscio » 25 May 2015, 23:11

My research is in Longobucco, Cosenza. I have indexed all the records so if anyone needs me to look up a name please let me know. My e-mail is y155@yahoo.com

Return to “Italian Genealogy”